interview #4 @shellywaltersauthor

1 What's one of your favorite snacks?

Stroopwafel. They're from the Netherlands and I can only ever find them at specialty stores or like Germanic Deli's but they're the best and everyone should try them. They're two thin layers of baked dough with a caramel syrup filling in the middle and they're basically heaven.

2 What's your daily writing routine like? 

I work full time so on days that I work I try to always at least jot down some ideas into a little notebook I carry with me because I know I'll be too tired to write when I get home.

3What's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favorite thing about Wattpad is the freedom to interact and get real feedback about your work. I want to know people's opinions on my work and I want to be able to find people who can help me grow as a writer.

4 What's your dream vacation? 

My dream vacation is to go to like a Caribbean island. Somewhere not super touristy like Hawaii but somewhere with white sand beaches and clear blue water.

5 What's your favorite book?

I've literally read hundreds of books so this is that hardest question you could ever ask me. I have to say its It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. It's so real and so heartbreaking that, a year after reading it, I cry if i even think about it. It's so provocative and well written and I really just think that every female should have to read it because its damn powerful.

6 What inspired you to write?

Twilight is actually the series that inspired me to write. It was the first time I ever REALLY sat down with a book and it just changed my life. I was in 6th grade and all I wanted to do was be buried in a story. It wasn't so much the actual writing or plot line, it was more about being able to disappear from life for a little while.

7 What's your favorite holiday and why?

I LOVE Halloween because it's the only time of year you can be someone else and no one will judge you for it. Like wear weird shit that you love and watch all of the crazy movies and it just doesn't matter. I'm a horror junkie.

8 Whose your favorite actress/actor?

Ugghh my favorite actor is Tom Hardy and my favorite actress is Margot Robbie

9 What's one of your Wattpad goals?

I think my biggest Wattpad goal is just to get one of my works to a thousand reads. That would be the most incredible thing for me.

10 What's one tip you'd give a newcomer?

I would just say to not let yourself be held back in this platform. Get out of your comfort zone with what you write and reach out to other authors and readers. Most of us are here to support and were all here for the same reason; because we love stories.

11 What's your favorite movie?

My favorite move is Beetlejuice. I'm terrified for the remake.

Request time

Everyone should check out my book Momentous. It's about a young girl finding herself in a fucked up world, and how even if you're alone, you have the strength of will to pick yourself up and be whatever you want to be. Riley is a badass female who won't take anyone's shit and won't depend on anyone. She's strong as f and I look up to her.