1

I walk through the hallway of Providence HighSchool, staring down at my math book, wandering the new school I get to live at. Yay. Better yet, it's November 31st, so it's not even the start of junior year.

Come on, Faith, stay positive.

My thoughts are interrupted by a large figure bumping into me. I fall back, my books flying out of my hands.

"I am so sorry..." I hear a deep voice say. I rub my head and look up to see a flustered tan boy with brown hair and blue eyes. Gosh, he's cute.

He picks my books up, helps me up, then gives me my books. "Are you new here?"

"Uh, yeah." I laugh nervously.

"Lucky you, Providence is the best high school ever." The boy says. "Go Stallions!" He yells.

Most of the hallway repeats his chant, and I scoff. "You've got this whole school wrapped around your finger, huh?"

"Nope. Were just full of spirit. I'm Grayson, by the way. Grayson Allen."

"I'm Faith. Faith Beckett. Could you show me where the Spanish room is?"

"Of course. That's my first class, too. Follow me!" Grayson darts through the crowd and I quickly follow, muttering 'sorry' to each person I bump into.

He opens the door for me (what a gentleman, gah) , and I step into a room with red walls, flags of Spanish countries all over, and rows of two seated desks with students chattering.

The only open seat is next to a pale girl with brown hair and blue eyes. I walk over to the table and give a small smile. "This seat taken?"

"Nope. I was hoping the new kid would wanna sit with me."

My smile grows and I sit down, placing my books in the desk and leaving my Spanish book on top.

"I'm Emily." She says.

"Faith."

"Met anyone yet?"

I feel my cheeks turn a bit red. Emily gives out a small laugh.

"You met Grayson, didn't you?"

I raise an eyebrow. "How'd you know?"

"He's always the one who makes the new girls blush. But don't fall for his tricks... he's a player."

"Oh?" I frown.

"Yep. I almost got caught in his games once, but thankfully, my instincts saved me. Last year, he went from girl to girl every single week, doing the business then moving along. The longest relationship he ever had just ended two weeks ago, they were together for four months. Her name was Bailey Bunnell, and ever since he broke it off, now she hates any girl who steps near him."

"Dang." I say.

"Yeah, but hey, I bet he's changed. Don't let me scare you."

My smile comes back. "Alright, I won't. But thanks for warning me."

"No problem."

In the middle of doing an answer sheet, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn my head and smile as I see Grayson.

"Do you get this?" He whispers.

"Yep. I'm a fluent Spanish speaker." I whisper back.

"Could you be, like, the best person ever and help me out?"

"Hmmm... Yeah, okay. After school?"

He nods and the teacher shushes us. We both laugh quietly then turn back to our papers.