25

Grayson's POV

I slam my hand down on my alarm clock and slowly stand up, throwing the bed cover aside.

Today's the day.

I walk into the kitchen and sigh. It's a mess. Plates flood the table, coffee is spilled on the granite counter, most of the shelves are empty of food.

I'm a mess, too. She kept me in shape.

But she left me. I don't blame her.

I rub my tired, sore eyes and fill a bowl with corn flakes and chocolate milk. I set myself down on my couch, kick the food wrappers off of the coffee table, and watch the latest ESPN stories.

Oh, look. Some guy got into a fit at Arkansas. So now they flashback to my tripping.

I turn off the television and throw the remote. I set the bowl and spoon aside, having lost my appetite.

I walk back into my room and slip on a grey shirt. I trade my basketball shorts for jeans and slip on some shoes, then grab my car keys.

I take a glance into the mirror and my eyes slightly widen. No wonder coach doesn't play me but only for a few minutes. I look like a zombie.

I run my hand through my hair, making a mental note to take my first shower in a week tonight. Tonight. Tonight... I'll have Scarlett with me. I have to clean up.

I set my keys back down and put the plates away, clean up the coffee, clean the floors, even clean my bedroom. I peek into the room I set up for her, and it's still as neat and tidy as it was last week.

I once again grab my keys then head to Faith's house. I knock on the door, later answered by the guy who stole my lovely princess.

"Owen." I spit out.

"Hey, Grayson. She'll be out in a minute."

I nod and he steps away. I don't walk in the house, but admire it from the front door. No wonder Faith chose him over me. He's a doctor. The house is absolutely beautiful. My apartment is disgusting. He's a nice looking guy. I'm horrific.

I hear sniffling as I see Faith going down the stairs, in which I walk into the house. Her face is red, tears streaming down. She hands me a bag, decorated with a pattern of pink butterflies flying over a baby blue sky.

"Scarlett." Faith calls out, glancing to the kitchen, where Scarlett tumbles out of.

"Hi daddy!" She waves to me, and I put on a smile.

"Hello Scarlett. How's my beautiful little girl doing?" I bend down to her level.

"Good!" Her tiny lips peck mine, making my smile continue to grow.

"Bye, my princess." Faith says, hugging her tightly.

"Will I see you soon, mommy?"

Faith nods with a tight smile. But we both know she won't see her anytime soon.

"Bye Davieee!" Scarlett hugs the little boy, who's just a centimeter taller than her. "See you soon too!"

"Bye!"

My heart aches when I have to say bye to David. I crawl over to him and hug him. I say I'll see him soon, my voice cracking.

I stand up but bend slightly to hold Scarlett's hand. I look at Faith, who clings to Owen, his arm wrapped around her.

That's supposed to be me.

I clench my fists that's not holding Scarlett's small fingers. "Bye, Faith."

"Bye." She mumbles out.

"Bye, Grayson. Bye, Scarlett. I love you." Owen says.

"Love you too, Mr.Owen."

And with that, I leave for home, hearing Faith's soft crying as I step out.

Sorry this one was short! I liked it though... I'm evil, I know.