15

Emily and I stand at the door of our cabin, waiting for the girls to arrive.

We chatter nervously. What if they don't like us? What if they're rude?

A 13 year old looking girl walks up to us, and we smile.

"Welcome to the otter cabin!" We exclaim.

"Thanks!" The girl smiles. "I'm Faith."

I place my hand on my heart."I love your name."

"Aw, thank you, what's yours?"

"Faith."

We both laugh and Emily dramatically rolls her eyes. "I'm Emily. Choose any bunk you want, and put on a swimsuit with shorts and a shirt over, and don't forget to put on shoes. We will have dinner then relax for awhile then swim."

"Awesome!" Faith smiles then walks on in.

After a few more girls come, Emily and I smile.

"They're so nice!" She says.

"I know!" I step in. "Alright girls, I'm gonna do attendance to make sure everyone is here. Faith?"

"Here."

"Caroline?"

"Here."

"Ellen?"

"Here."

"Abigail?"

"Here."

"And Gabby?"

"Here."

"Cool, everyone is here." Emily says, sitting on the carpet in the middle.

"Sit in a circle, we're gonna introduce ourselves. Say your name, age, and... hmm... favorite planet." I say as we all sit in a circle.

Emily starts. "I'm Emily, I'm 18, and I think Venus is pretty chill."

"I'm Faith, I'm 13, and Mars is pretty hot."

"I'm Caroline, I'm 15, and Earth is the best."

"I'm Ellen, I'm 11, and I like Pluto. Even though the poor thing isn't really a planet anymore."

"I'm Abigail, I'm 12, and I like Jupiter."

"I'm Gabby, I'm 14, and I like Uranus."

"I'm Faith like her," I say, pointing to smiling Faith. "I'm 18, like her." I point to Emily. "And I like Saturn."

"Now that everyone knows each other, the girls are required to ask if you guys like any boys. Just to see if we are comfortable with one another."

"Ew, boys." I say, sticking my tongue out, making them laugh.

"I'll start. I like this guy named James, who I'm now dating."

"Oooooh!" We all yell.

The rest of them shrug, and I do too, until Emily glares at me.

"Okay, okay. I like the counselor named Grayson. He's my boyfriend."

"He's ugly!" They all yell.