Chapter 2

I opened my eyes at 6 AM. "Blah."

Tony walked in to wake me up. "Curse you and that internal alarm. I haven't gotten to wake you up since you were like 7, and you're 16. You're so mean."

I blinked at him. "Shhh. It's six am. In my opinion, it's too early to be up. But it's definitely too early to be getting talked to for more than 10 seconds. I love you, but shhh."

"Get dressed. I will make breakfast. More accurately, Nat will." He said.

"Okay, no problem. Go, I have to get dressed."

He walked out and closed the door.

I quickly got dressed and walked out into the main area. Then into the kitchen.

"Food is ready, Astrid," Nat said.

I sat down. "Thank you, Natasha."

I ate breakfast quickly then got up to brush my teeth and hair.

"OW! Go through!" I yelled at the hairbrush. "Stupid long thick hair!"

•••••••
It took 20 minutes to brush through and another 30 to put it up. It also took like 100 billion Bobby pins.

Tony ran in. "We gotta go, kiddo! Or we're going to be late."

I stood up and followed him out, grabbing my plain black backpack on the way out.

Tony took me to school in one of his stupidly expensive cars.

I checked my lunch on the way.

Tony and the others made sure that I was always taken care of. I appreciated it dearly; it was more than I could ever ask for. It meant I always had two snacks in my lunch box so I could share if needed. I always had the clothes and school supplies I needed and wanted for nothing. Except to know who my real parents are.

I look like all of the Avengers in one aspect or another, but I obviously wasn't one of their children. But the Avengers probably wouldn't take in any kid off the streets (Tony might idk), so there was likely something special about my parents.

Maybe I was the kid of some dead important SHIELD agent? It was, however, a 'do not talk about' topic.

•••••••
"Normally, I'd walk you up to the office, but we gotta clean up the tower and prep it for our guest. Love you, Astrid. Be good, learn a lot, don't skip your classes." Tony rushed.

"I'm not complaining but..." I said, rolling my hands to hurry him.

"Oh, I'm going to spend just as much time with you. Which gives me ten more seconds. Fury said not to get out of the car. Natasha is picking you up today. Gotta go!"

I cracked up as he pulled away. "Bye!"

He drove off, waving as long as he could.

I walked into school and to my class.