chapter 17

' late night escapades '

━━━━━

Wrapped in a cloak made of midnight and gossamer, two villains in training lurk past empty corridors and into jail cells where the dammed wail and pleaded for mercy. They were called Noumo, the creatures who wailed and pleaded. Unfortunate creatures injected with numerous quirks to make them stronger and better. The next generation of soldiers that were unbeatable and invincible in all senses.

"You know we shouldn't be here," the girl, eyes the color of bloody roses and hair the same flower but withered and dying, black, whispered and although there was a hint of wariness in her words, she too, felt entranced and marveled at how those creatures inside chambers of glass were invincible.

The boy across her, chose to ignore her pleas - he always did. They had unrestrained enmity for each other but for the time being, they were partners in crime, both overwhelmed and powered by curiosity.

"Tomoe!" the youth hissed as they creature continued to wail and pound on the glass. "Sensei will be furious if he sees us here."

Calling All For One her teacher felt odd at first but after days, twenty one to be exact, she had etched familiarity to calling him her mentor. It was the truth anyway. He taught her. Basic information. How to construct paragraphs, speak in different languages (she could speak curses and die in German and English now!), some legends and myths, philosophies and beliefs, perfected her tricks with the dagger, helped her push her quirk past boundaries and act like a normal girl- blend in. Of curse with the help of Chigusa Kohaku but the youth would never acknowledge such a weak and disposable creature as her mentor.

Now All For One. He was unrivaled. Powerful. He was God in her eyes.

He was a great mentor too, but the youth was lacking in some ways and she wasn't a genius in all the other things that were not killing so it took more hours and days and eventually months. One thing about All For One that was astounding was his patience. He had it in spades and the youth know that he had been waiting all the while, waiting, scheming and plotting and she envied how he could be that.

The youth was a rash thing that needed instant, her patience easy to trickle to its last drop, but even as All For One tried to teach her patience, she failed at it.

"Tomoe!" she hissed again and when she heard the upcoming footsteps, she threw him a death glare. Why did she even bother trusting this moron? He was the person she hated the most in this compound for heaven's sake!

"Yeah..." he responded, backing down, still as silent as a shadow as he pulled the hood of the cloak down to hide his face. "You go to the exit first then I'll follow."

If she had a choice, she would have gone with Tomura for this late night escapade but the blue haired man was by all means aware of the happenings behind the closed walls- he was her sensei's favorite for God's sake. The next leader.

Morphing her face back to its standard placid, she ducked under some wooden crates and headed to the steel covered windows. Using the tip of her favorite dagger, she twisted the screws that held the steel coverings and when the steel cover landed in front of her, she didn't hesitate to dove past the opening.

Rolling on a grassy patch, she landed on a white concrete and immediately looked at the hole she had made- awaiting Tomoe's arrival.