chapter 28. 5

'zephyr'

━━━━━

"Oh my God, I have offers!" Yuko screeched as she began kicking the chair in front of her and looking at Uraraka with sparkling eyes. She had offers last year, two measly offers made out of desperation, but this time, this time.

"Twelve?" Uraraka tells her. "Great job!"

"I know!" Yuko chimes, the exhaustion momentarily pushed away. "I'm so happy. This particular happenstance is just so overwhelming that I think I'm going to burst and forever beam-"

"Shut up, idiot!" Bakugou, unfortunate enough to sit next to her, yells furiously (he always did everything furiously), but it was evident he was clearly vexed because of the results posted on the blackboard.

Yuko just smiles at him. "You know Katsuki, if you were a lot more charismatic you could have gotten more offers," she informed and looked at the statistics on the board with Todoroki as the one who received the most numbers of offers. She supposed she had no right to tell him since the number of offers she was given wouldn't even be half of his, but it was fun to poke Bakagou.

"No, no," Denki Kaminari, she remembered said shaking his pointer finger as if to say no. Kind of repetitive, but Yuko had no right to preach since the same dramatic, flamboyant soul rested inside of her. "There's no way that ticking time bomb can be charismatic. The pros were probably freaked out by him."

"What are the pros scared of?!"

Sero interjected, "Well who wouldn't be freaked out by someone who had to be chained during the awarding ceremony?"

"Apparently, a lot of people," Kouda said, fumbling with his fingers.

Yuko could only laugh at them, enjoying the view of a riled up Katsuki Bakugou who was probably going to mutilate Denki Kaminari in five seconds or so. Shame, Yuko thought, they could have been friends.

On the other hand, Izuku didn't seem to have received any and she wanted to walk towards him and cheer him up but it seemed as if Tsuyu Asui and the grape kid were already on the job. (With the grape kid getting a tongue slap (?) from Tsuyu, but Yuko just shrugged it off.)

She turned to Shouto next, to congratulate him, but Aizawa had shushed the class and presented the thought of creating hero names so she held her tongue. Last year, Yuko had chosen 'Magical Girl' for a hero name- thinking that it was adorable and having the catchphrase: 'I'll make your life magical!' prepared. She really wanted to start a new this time so she was grateful when Midnight also handed her a board.

A hero image she wanted, not just for the sake of being dramatic like last year or something memorable, something that would strike hope. Various hero names were presented and although the first ones started with odd choices, the tide turned back to decent when Tsuyu presented hers.

"Rainy Season Hero: Froppy."

Yuko was one of the people who cheered. It was enlightening to finally have a decent hero name so when others followed, she decided that she had to come up with something closer to herself. Magical Girl- why had she chosen such a stupid name with no relations to her?

Creatie was chosen by Momo, Shouto decided to go with his first name, Satou went for Sugarman, Bakugou went for a more... unique hero name.