chapter 10

' someone who knows '

━━━━━

Yuko kept on saying that word: sorry. She felt as if it was her fault that they lost the match, because of her arrogance and impetuous behaviour at the face of a powerful foe her conceited self had assumed she could beat. She kept on saying it, before, during and after conversations.

She had apologized to Katsuki yesterday with a smile, but it was only in the morning when she learned that they lost. Because of her.

"It's a great morning isn't it, Izuku?"

The greenette nods.

"By the way, about yesterday, sorry about kinda losing it. I should have thought clearly."

"You're Sero, right?" she asked with a smile and the boy looked behind him to confirm if she really was talking to him.

"Y-Yes."

"Wasn't yesterday crazy?" she asked with a Yuko-esque smile.

"You could say that."

"We were on the same team, weren't we?" she asked and added. "Sorry that we lost. I wasn't thinking clearly and I should have known better after undergoing first year again. I'm really really really sorry."

"Ojiro-kun, Sato-kun," Yuko approached their seats with a smile that would have rivaled a burning thousand suns. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure," both chorused and were a little bit perplexed.

"About what?" Sato asked.

"About yesterday," she began. "I apologize for my actions. If I hadn't acted so immature and did that brazen act, we could have won. I'm really sorry."

"Oh, Hagakure-san, Uraraka, sorry about yesterday. We lost because of my stupidity!" she tells them during a conversation about the latest clothes.

"This curry is amazing," Uraraka comments with a satisfied look on her face. Lunch time and they're all gathered at the same lunch table.

"Indeed!" Iida interjects. "The spices are well blended and conform perfectly to highlight the taste of the beef. It even goes well with the rice. How versatile and such a mature flavor."

"Oh yeah," Yuko begins. "Speaking of maturity and versatility, yesterday, I went out bonds and did that stupid thing. I wasn't thinking straight. Apologies, Iida-kun, I shouldn't have wasted all of your efforts."

Just after lunch, before Present Mic can enter the classroom and begin English class.

"Tokoyami-kun, sorry about yesterday. You all got hurt and still we ended up losing," she says with a sincere tone. "I'm really sorry about it. I hope you can forgive me."

And for the finale.

"Katsuki, can we talk?"

He gives her a look. "I've had enough of you. No!"

Hero Training that day was uneventful, just theoretical solving of problems presented by All Might in hand drawn pictures e.g. a boat sinking, a building burning or a simple robbery. The task was to be done in pairs and she was lucky enough to be paired with Kouda for the forest fire.