one

Alex's POV

I nervously scratch the back of my neck and tug on my pastel collar a little bit.

I've been in the states for less than 2 hours, and I'm already freaking out.

I walk through the doors of King's College, and see a lady working at a desk in the front of the room. I let out a weary sigh, and walk up to her awkwardly. "Hi, my name is Alexander Hamilton. What's my room, please?"

She looks up from her screen to look at my (probably horrible) pastel appearance. I'm wearing black ripped jeans, a pastel pink T-shirt, and bright wight Converse.

She sighs and types out my name. She tells me my room number, and the name of my roommate. Apparently his name is John Laurens. If I fall for him, I swear to god, I'm going to die.

I've been struggling with my sexuality for a while, and have come to the conclusion of me being bisexual. What a word.

I thank her, and begin walking to forward to the the elevator.

When I get in, I meet a friendly looking face. Her black curly hair is pulled up into a ponytail, and her bright yellow crop top contrasts it very nicely. She smiles at me and waves. "Hi! I'm Peggy Schuyler." I press the button to my floor, and look back up at her. "Hi! Alexander Hamilton. Pleasure to meet you. This is my first year here. So I hope we can become friends."

We talk until we get to the seventh floor, and she shakes my hand. "It was nice meeting you Alex! I hope we can hang out sometime." We swap numbers, and then she gets back in the elevator.

I look down the hallway, and begin walking until I find room 1776.

"1773, 1774, 1775... ah, here it is! 1776," I mumble to myself.

I open the door with my new key, and walk through the dorm. It's fairly big, seeing as I'm sharing it with a stranger.

When I find the bedroom, I see a bed and one desk on each side of the room. One side already has green sheets on it, and a small turtle plush sitting on top. I glance over to see someone sitting at the desk silently drawing. He looks up and I feel a rush of pink to face.

Oh my god. He's beautiful.

I study him for a bit. He has freckles sprinkled across his face like perfect little stars placed in constellations. His eyes are a beautiful array of greens and browns, and I just want to stare at them all day. His curly brown hair is pulled into a bun, and a small strand looks like it has fallen out of place. I just want to reach over and tuck it behind us ear. His outfit is mostly light shades of green and blue, and I want to fall into his arms at that exact moment.

We stare into each others eyes for a bit, until I bashfully look away.

John's POV

I'm sitting in the bedroom drawing a detailed flower, when I hear the door unlock. I continue drawing to distract myself from the worry in the back of my head.

What if he's hot?

So, only my friends know this; but I'm as straight as a rainbow.

I've liked a few guys in the past, but all of them have ended up being straight or in a relationship. It sucks.

I hear the door open, and I look up to see a beautiful man standing in the door way looking at me. My face goes pink as I study him.

He's pretty short, but it's really cute. His straight, dark brown hair is pulled into a ponytail, and his thin wire glasses compliment his small face. He's wearing a pastel outfit, except for the black, ripped skinny jeans hugging his legs tightly. His eyes are brown and deep, with magnificent gold flakes floating around. I suddenly get the urge to push him against a wall and kiss him. (I can restrain myself, though.)

He looks away quickly, blushing even more.

Oh shit, I was staring.

I quickly try to change the mood.

"Hi! I'm John Laurens, but you can just call me John. You must be Alexander Hamilton! It's nice to meet you." I flash him a quirky smile, and he grins back to me, still red in the face. Fuck, he is so cute.

Alex's POV

He smiles a wide, goofy smile, and I almost melt.

How can anyone be so adorable?

I grin back, still trying to hide my blushing. "Hi, and yes; I am Alexander! You can call me anything though." Especially your's. "It's a pleasure to meet you John. I'm about to set up in here, but do you want to get coffee and get to know each other a little?" Shit. Did I seriously just ask him that? God damnit Alexander; nice going...

To my surprise, he smiles and says yes. "Totally! Take your time to finish, though. Let me know when you're ready, and we can go! I know a really good coffee lounge we can go hang out at." Wow Alex, maybe you didn't colossally fuck everything up.

A.N.-

Hi! Thank you the people who are reading this ( if anybody is actually reading this)! I want things to move fairly slowly between the two, so expect fluff. Lots of fluff. I might do a little bit of smut later on, but probably not too much. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll try to update as soon as possible. Bye loves!

-E ❤️

943 words