eighteen

John's POV

I wake up next to Alex. What's today? I turn over to see him. Hmm... He looks really tired. I get up and crawl over him, kissing the top of his head before changing and walking into the living room. It's been 3 months since me and Maria had our fight. That bitch...

•Flashback•

It's been a long-ass day. I just want to see Alex... I walk into the dorm room to see Alex against a wall with his eyes wide open while Maria Reynolds is kissing him. What the fuck?!

I push Maria off of him. She growls. "What the fuck, Maria?! What do you think you're doing?!" I yell at her. LOUD. I feel mad, confused, sad, aggravated... I don't know. All I do know is that a tea will be spilt, weaves will be snatched, and bitches will be exposed. *tongue pop*

Alex begins to cry and slouches to the floor when I glare at him. His breathing quickens and his eyes widen. He grasps his head and entangles his fingers into his hair, almost pulling it out. I quickly grasp onto the situation. I pick him up and run him into the bedroom quickly. "I'll be right back baby, promise." I kiss his forehead before sprinting out to the living room. Hoes are about to be slapped...

I run up to Maria and look down at her. She adjusts the collar of her shirt and looks back at me. "What do you want, frat boy?" She asks rudely. "An explanation of why you were making out with my boyfriend, bitch." She gasps over sarcastically. "Me? Well, I was just showing him his options, darling. Seeing as he has somehow limited himself to a nobody like you." I do not want to have to hurt this girl. "Well sorry that somebody has higher standards than a basic-ass, attention needing, whore." I seriously hate that word. I don't think anyone hates that word more than me. I want to hit myself for saying it, but things just start flying out of my mouth. (That's what she said, John. Wtf)

We yell like this for a good while before I finally get tired of it. "You can do whatever the hell you want to, but if you fuck with me or my friends again I will not be afraid to hurt you, got it?" I say before shoving her out of my dorm.

I rush back to our room and see Alex sitting in the back corner of my bed with one of my jackets. I quickly run over to him and hold him while rubbing circles on his back. I can hear his breathing begin to slow down and his sobs get quieter. We sit there for a while before I place my chin on his head.

I close my eyes. "Alexander, are you okay?" I feel him nod. "I guess." I turn my body to face him. I grab his hands and look him in the eyes. "Love, what happened back there?" He looks to the corner and tightens his grip on my hands. What is going on?

Alex's POV

I grab his hands tighter, not wanting him to leave. I know there's a possibility of it happening, and it scares the fuck out of me. I can't have him leave me again.

"John, please don't be mad," I plead. I saw the look he gave me. I know what it means, and I don't ever want to see it again. I love him too much to let him go.

He nods. "Of course, baby." I breathe in. Here we go... "We were in class and I can tell now that she was flirting with me. She asked me if she could come over to my dorm to study. We get inside and she starts to push me onto a wall. I-I was so scared that I just didn't move. I didn't know what to do... I-I-" I start to cry and fall into John's chest. He strokes my hair lovingly.

"Alexander, why would I be mad? I love you more than anything in this life. I would choose your happiness over mine anytime..." I shiver at the full use of my name. I lift my head up and lean in. "May I?" I whisper. He grabs my waist and pulls me in for a kiss. For a moment everything feels right. I melt into the gesture and fall into his lap. "I love you, John Laurens," I whisper into his chest. "I love you too, Alexander Hamilton."

A.N.

Holy hell I haven't posted in a while ;-;. Thank you for puttin up with me! This chapter took me a long-ass time to write... bye loves!

-E

798 words