Ana's Story

It was late afternoon and Ana and Hachi were on their way home from school. It had been about a month since they found out about Ana. Ren was walking in the middle of them. No one was talking, not until they passed the rose Ana healed the same day they found out Ana was a Star Scout with them.

"Ana?" Hachi asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"How did you heal that rose the other day?"

"I just pictured that the rose was healthy and well in my head and the rose healed."

"How long were you able to do that?"

"As long as I can remember, really."

"What do you mean?"

Ren looked up at them, then trotted on ahead, but not that far because he wanted to hear what Ana had to say as well.

"It all started when I was five." Ana began. "I saw this flower in my backyard dying. So I walked over to it remembering that only two days before it was alive and well. Then right before my eyes, the flower came back to life, like it was those two days before. So I decided to do a little research about what happened. You know, heal more plants and stuff. First, I tried it on the sick goldfish that I had. I pictured him swimming in his bowl like he use to. But nothing happened. So I thought I was imagining things with the flower. So I went to go check on it. It was still healthy. I found I rock and I threw the rock at the flower."

Hachi looked at Ana. But Ana looked like she was lost in her past telling Hachi her story. By then they were at Hachi's house and were just standing there.

"Though, when the rock got close to the flower it hit nothing and fell to the ground. I had gathered a lot of pebbles in my hand and I walked over so I was standing over the flower. I then just dropped the pebbles on the flower to see if it would happen again, and once again the pebbles hit nothing and fell to the ground like there was an invisible shield around it. Then I wondered how it would get water. So I went inside and filled a cup up with water and went back out to the flower. I thought of just dumping all of the water onto the flower, but then I thought I might kill it and then I wouldn't be able to see it ever again."

"Why?" Hachi asked.

"It was my mother's favorite flower. I planted it there after she had died."

"What kind of flower?"

"A Gardenia."

"You mean that pretty white flower in the middle of your backyard?"

"Yep, so I decided to just pour the water slowly onto the flower. The water didn't do the same thing as the rocks, and for that I was happy. Because that flower that my mother loved –that only bloomed in the spring– would never die. So to test it some more, I went over to the cherry blossom tree down the block and did the same thing,"

"The every season cherry blossom tree?"

"Yep, it wasn't easy doing that either because people like to sit under it so I had to make it to where the barrier around it –the thing that keeps it safe– didn't stick out too much. I practiced on dead leaves every day for a year to get the hang of it. It was before the cherry blossoms started to die and fall off the trees that I finally perfected it and went over to the cherry blossom tree. Now, this also took me awhile."

"Why?"

"Well for one, I went out at night so I couldn't see if it was working or not, and also I had to make sure no one saw me doing it. It took me three hours to get the tree to look like it does in the spring. I even made a sign that said 'NO CLIMBING THIS TREE' so whoever tried wouldn't get hurt, the next few days no one even noticed what I did and I was shocked. But soon all the other cherry blossom trees started to lose their cherry blossoms like they always did, but my tree was still the same trapped in a forever spring. Just like my flower."

"What do you mean by 'trapped'?"

"That's what I do; I trap everything in the season they bloom in, which is why there is a shield type thing around the plants. So that rose will forever be there trapped in its own little world. No one can pick it, or cut it. Some say it's safer, but I'm just not so sure about it."

"So do you think the rest of you can use our powers too? I mean outside our transformation forms?"

"Probably. I'm not sure." Ana paused. "Why?"

"Well, I want to try."

With that Hachi ran into the house, waving goodbye to Ana over her shoulder. Ren was hot on her heels, he wasn't sure what she was going to do but he just didn't want to get shut out of the house. Ana however only lived three or four houses down and slowly started to make her way home, she was pretty sure Hachi might end up flooding out her house before too long and she didn't want to be there when that happened. She chuckled to herself at the thought of Hachi's house flooding with water and Ren being a cat and cats hating water, freaking out.

"Yep, she's going to get into trouble before she gets the hang of her powers outside of her transformed state," Ana said to herself and laughed some more.