Chapter 17 - The final Chapter

It has been a year since the last chapter.
—————
Life is pretty good, I've been with Lisa for my whole life it seems, but realistically only a year.

I've still been doing the odd job for the agency, but nothing to serious. Until this one call.

"We need your help again. But.. for something a lot more serious.."

I frowned as the women over the phone said that. Lisa who was sat to my side noticed, she looked up at me waiting for the call to end.

"And what am I to do?"

Lisa got more worried, I could tell as she began to hold my arm more tightly.

"It's not a solo mission, we've kept tabs on you and have noticed that you've been training her. We want her to be on the mission with you."

My face became emotionless.

"That's not up to me, she'll have to decide. Anyway, where? And what's the cover story."

I think Lisa understood what was happening.

"You'll be off to Rome, you are Ryan Trigger, an architect who'll be attending the Historical Roman City convention. She'll be Sophie Trigger, your wife"

The lady on the phone paused.

"You have till tomorrow to accept this mission."

The call ended. Lisa looked at me worried. I rolled my eyes, grabbed her hands and started into her eyes.

"Ok, so. The agency wants me to do another mission, and the mission doesn't just include me, it also requires you. Obviously if you feel unc-"

She cut me off.

"I'll do it, if it helps you, I'll do it."

I nodded, I burrowed my head into her chest and just kept it there.

Over the past year, Lisa asked me to train her to be able to do what I do, in order to keep her safe. Naturally I was hesitant, however she insisted, and I gave up. But I'm happy I did train her.

But obviously the agency would use this against us.

"It's in Rome, so I guess we could call it a romantic get away?"

I laughed, she giggled too.

I messaged the number that we were fine with the mission.

However, I was still hesitant, it's something to have the training, but it's something completely different to be able to take a life, and I wasn't completely sure that she would be able to. 

But I guess I would find out..

—————

Thanks for reading chapter 17, and this is also the final chapter, and yes the book is finished on a cliff hanger, so you know what the means.

Bye ❤️