Chapter 11

At least I saved the girl I love....
I woke up, what, 2 weeks later. As soon  as I did, I was told by doctors how lucky I was.
But I was stuck in bed. And I couldn't leave. I still had about a week left staying here.
"I need to leave.."
The doctor turned around.
"You can't, we've already explained this Sir."
I put my face in my palms,
"I know.. but I can't just stay here.."
The doctor walked over to my side and grabbed my hand.
"I have something to tell you.."
I burrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him.
"Your girlfriend, li-"
"Lisa?!"
He looked sad to tell me whatever he was telling me.
"Yes, Lisa, she went back into a coma, she had a heart attack only a few hours after you were brought here. I'm sorry."
And there it goes.
A tear. Just a single one.
I pulled my hands from the doctor and wiped the tear off of my face.
He walked out of the room a few minutes later, he was clearly sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it was his job to tell me, and I'm sort of thankful for it.
The week was unbearably slow, however it did pass. Over the week I had become more and more nervous, because I hadn't received any news from Tom, or Lisa's family.
Although Lisa was all I could think about, I still had paperwork to complete, I was about 10 minutes from being done when the doctor appeared,
"Sir, I have good news!"
Hoping it would be about Lisa I replied with enthusiasm.
"You are allowed to be discharged!"
Sort of disappointed I replied with a mere,
"Oh.."
I quickly got up and changed into some clothes the doctor brought.
Soon enough I was in Gatwick, waiting for my flight to Stuttgart. This wait was viciously long, even longer than the previous week itself.
"Boarding for flight 329x5."
I rushed my way into the plane, and tried to get into a comfortable position to sleep off the flight.
"I'm almost ther.."
I fell asleep, yes ridiculously quickly and easily.
It only felt like a few seconds before I was being woken by a flight attendant, who told me we had arrived. Without luggage, I ran straight out of the airport and found a taxi, I told them the location, and made my way there.
"Come on.. just wait for me.."
Once I made it there, I payed the driver more than I should have, I ran through the halls to find the right room.
Out the corner of my eye I saw Tom, I turned to face him slowly, I ran over to him.
"Tom!"
His head snapped my way, his eyes lit open. I picked him up and hugged him.
"Is this her room?"
He shook his head,
"She woke up a day ago, but she's been told that she's not allowed to use devices as they could be detrimental to her improvement."
It made sense so I nodded my head,
"Can I see her?"
He nodded his head and walked down the corridor,
"Come on.."
I followed him, we walked for a good five minutes, until we reached a room clearly labelled,
"Lisa Mantler"
I took a deep breath and opened the door.
"LISA?"
He head snapped towards me. Tears started to roll down her face.
"It's really not what it looks like."
I threw down a bouquet of flowers I chose for her, and I walked out.
"So what happened?"
Tom asked me as I walked about from the room.
"She was kissing some boy..."
Toms eyes shot up to me.
"It's fine though, look after Lena for me? Why don't ya."
I patted him on the shoulder and walked out of the hospital. I took in my surroundings and just huffed, I saw Viktor and Lilly walk past me, the said something to me, and were waiting for a reply, but I didn't want to talk.
"Taxi!"
I raised my hand and waited.
"LIAM!"
I heard a screech similar to Lisa's voice from about 30 metres behind me.
A taxi pulled up, I opened the door and threw in my bag, I turned around and said to Viktor,
"I've fully dealt with the situation, no need to worry about your daughters security."
I said with a wave of tears falling down my face.
"Bye now."
I said as I climbed into the car, I closed the door,
"Are there any houses around here? Like ones more remote, which are up for sale?"
I asked.
"I believe so sir, you want me to take you to one?"
"Yes please, preferably the house needs to be as big as possible."
The driver nodded and we zoomed off.
Due to the danger of that clients security, I had been granted 6 months off of work. Just what I need...