fourteen.

NARRATOR

NARRATOR

╔═══════ °° ═══════╗

THEY NOSEDIVED THROUGH the air in a free fall, still on the dragon's back, but Festus's hide was cold. His ruby eyes were dim.

"Not again!" Leo yelled. "You can't fall again!"

"THIS IS WHY I DON'T FALL ASLEEP!" Hana screamed; she could barely hold on. The wind stung her eyes.

"Jason!" he screamed. "Take the girls and fly out of here!"

"What?"

"Get Piper!" Hana shouted, she was already ready to try a shadow summoning spell she was practicing.

"We need to lighten the load! I might be able to reboot Festus, but he's carrying too much weight!"

"What about you?" Piper cried. "If you can't reboot him—"

"Leo, you're gonna die!" Hana screamed at him.

"I'll be fine," Leo yelled. "Just follow me to the ground. Go!"

Hana had already unbuckled; swinging her legs over as she summoned a black haze; "Venite ad dominam tuam, et quod peto vestrum!", out of the dark hues of the night a fog of black appeared - dead souls doing what she asked - they enveloped her and she breathed heavily. Hana could see Jason grabbed Piper around the waist. They both unbuckled their harnesses, and in a flash they were gone—shooting into the air.

"Hana, are you good over there?" Jason asked and she nodded, she soared towards them - her feet swarmed in black swirls, "Or you're floating..."

"It's just something I can do, you guys okay?" She answered as Jason and Piper began plummeting slowly, he couldn't hold both their weights.

Then everything went wrong. She tried to see Leo and find him so she could go check on him but all she heard was a loud 'BOOM!' and Piper and her's joint scream. They landed together and began running towards the source of the noise, where they found Leo laying in the snow face first.

Hana reached him first, stumbling forward she lightly turned him over and checked for a pulse; there was nothing for a moment before the weak heartbeat pounded again; "Oh thank the gods."

He spit a clump of frozen grass out of his mouth; "Where—"

"Lie still." Piper had tears in her eyes. "You rolled pretty hard when—when Festus—"

"Where is he?" Leo sat up.

"Seriously, Leo," Jason said. "You could be hurt. You shouldn't—"

"Please Leo, you could be concussed; you need to relax for a few minutes to get yourself together."