eighteen.

HANA

HANA

  ╔═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╗ 

WHEN HANA WOKE up, Piper was screaming at the sky and cursing her mother out.

"Mother!" Piper shouted which then made Jason flinch which then scared Hana causing her to nearly fall off her chair.

What?" Hedge demanded. "Fight who? Where?"

"Falling!" Leo grabbed the table. "No—not falling. Where are we?"

"Five more minutes..." Hana sighed before rubbing her head; she had a pounding headache.

Jason blinked, trying to get his bearings. He looked at Piper and made a snorting sound. "What are you wearing?"

She was wearing the turquoise dress she'd seen in her dream, with black leggings and black leather boots. She had on her favorite silver charm bracelet, even though she'd left that back home in L.A., and her old snowboarding jacket from her dad, which amazingly went with the outfit pretty well. Her hair was done up too.

"It's nothing," she said. "It's my—" She remembered Aphrodite's warning not to mention that they'd talked. "It's nothing." Leo grinned. "Aphrodite strikes again, huh? You're gonna be the best-dressed warrior in town, beauty queen."

"Hey, Leo." Jason nudged his arm. "You look at yourself recently?"

"What ... oh."

All of them had been give a makeover. Leo was wearing pinstriped pants, black leather shoes, a white collarless shirt with suspenders, and his tool belt, Ray-Ban sunglasses, and a porkpie hat.

"God, Leo." Piper tried not to laugh. "I think my dad wore that to his last premiere, minus the tool belt."

"Hey, shut up!"

"I think he looks good," said Coach Hedge.
"'Course, I look better."

The satyr was a pastel nightmare. Aphrodite had given him a baggy canary yellow zoot suit with two-tone shoes that fit over his hooves. He had a matching yellow broad-brimmed hat, a rose-colored shirt, a baby blue tie, and a blue carnation in his lapel, which Hedge sniffed and then ate.

"Coachella hit you hard, my man...or goat." Hana shrugged.

"Well," Jason said, "at least your mom overlooked me."