asking hana.

These are a bunch of questions my friend sent me a link to on twitter ( what's popping jojo ) it's a mix of different oc asks but i wanna have you guys directly know Hana! Some of the lower ones are also author questions I got asked by a few friends so you know a little about me too! A lot of these are pretty dark so please, please, please be wary of that. It's been a while since I've seen this book y'know but I always wanted to have it completed.

🌙

i. What is/was Hana's relationship like with her mother?

It's complicated, her mother keeps an eye out for her after everything that happened during the war but Hana doesn't know this, she assumes her mother saved her then disappeared with no explanation, she respects her but doesn't love her.

ii. In the face of criticism, what's Hana like?

It depends, there have been days where she'll stand up for herself - especially if she doesn't like the person criticising her - but if she thinks they're more worthy than her or she knew them for a long time, she's so self-deprecating, she'll agree and try to change herself to fit what they think is the 'perfect Hana'.

iii. Does Hana suffer from any mental health issues? If so, how many?

Yes, she does and there's quite a few. Hana has had PTSD since she was thirteen years old, she developed anxiety around the time she was eleven years old, Hana has paranoia, self-esteem issues and symptoms of depression; but she's working on this as she does recognise it; Mr D has been helping her since she was eleven, he does it begrudgingly but Hana believes he actually feels bad for her.

iv. Is there someone whose laugh makes Hana laugh as well?

Yes!!! Percy, Piper, Rachel and Leo can make her laugh just by giving her one look, and they never stop laughing till someone - cough, cough Annabeth, Jason or Chiron - makes them stop.

v. If Hana had a nightmare, who would she run to?

She doesn't go to anybody, she would try to pray to her mother for guidance and to Hypnos for a good dream, if it's super bad she would IM her brother Alabaster or go to Lou to talk about it but those are the only two she trusts. Hana worries that Jason might get a bit too worried if she told him so she tries not to mention it unless he can physically see how agitated she is.

vi. Does she have a secret handshake with anyone?

Y'all are crazy if you think Hana doesn't, she has a special handshake with each of her siblings - including a begrudging Ethan, she had one with Luke ( when they were friends ) and Silena/ Hana also has one with the Stolls and most of the Hermes cabin since she spent so long there and the Prophecy kids.

vii. Does Hana have pets?

She had multiple pets growing up; she had a dog called Yuki and a cat called Kuro but when she came to CHB she met a polecat and called it Momo but she questions whether Momo was sent by her mother or not. Eh, she still made Momo into her familiar.