|Chapter Three| Renewed Life

I found it hard to get out of bed the following day. I hadn't slept in a real bed in ages. It wasn't until Uncle Shouta forced me to get up that I recalled all the events. What if that man hadn't recognized me? Would one of the heroes have recognized me? Or would I be in jail for being with Tomura? I prayed I wouldn't ever have to see him again, that I'd never have to use my quirk again. Uncle Shouta told me I didn't have to tell him anything yet, but I had to get it all off my chest.

I was only five, and I was forced make others murder each other. Any normal kid would be scarred for life after that. My quirk was the reason so many people had died. I explained that to Uncle Shouta, and he said that I would never have to face something like that ever again, that the other heroes were out there trying to find the villains right now. That wouldn't stop me from being scared.

"You still have to do your hero work. You can't abandon it for me!" I told him, and he sighed. "I already knew that. I'll figure something out." Uncle Shouta then left the room, leaving me sitting on the bed alone. Well, now that I was five, I guess I could go to school, if he'd allow it. I probably wouldn't make any friends though... Either way, it might do something if I bring it up...

I lay back down on the bed, closing my eyes, hoping not to fall back asleep. If I did, I run the risk of seeing them again in my nightmares. I guess I really am weak now...

-

I ended up falling asleep that day. I had awoken that night, remembering I was still in Uncle's house. I got up out of the bed, standing on the cold floor. I slowly pulled the door open, walking down the hall, seeing Uncle sitting at the table, a hand on his forehead. He looked tired. I coughed, making my presence known. "Uncle Shouta, are you alright? You seem tired." I asked, looking up at him. "Yeah, just tired, (Name)." He replied in an exhausted tone. 'Maybe he's tired from his hero work, like... like mommy and daddy.' I thought, looking down. "What about you, kid?" He questioned, looking down at me. I nodded. "I'm ok."

The thought from earlier popped into my head. "Hey, Uncle Shouta?" He grunted in response. "Do you think I'd be able to go to school? You wouldn't have to worry about me when I'm there, so you can do your hero work without worrying about where I am." He gazed down at me, getting up from his seat and placing a hand on my shoulder. "(Name), you were just rescued from villains after being held captive for several months. Do you really think you're alright to get back into a normal lifestyle right after that?" I looked down. I hadn't thought about that. For the past seven months, I had only ever spoken to Tomura and Kurogiri, and they were villains. I hadn't ever thought about how I would fit back in to society. And with everything on the news I had never seen, would they see me as a normal girl?

I shook my head as I looked down. "I just thought I'd be able to help you out by staying out of the way, and going to school so you wouldn't have to homeschool me." I whispered, feeling my eyes tear up. Uncle Shouta brought me into a hug, and I immediately returned it. "You wouldn't be in the way. You just need some time to recover, and then I might consider it." He responded, and I nodded. At least there was still a chance I could still have a normal life. I didn't want this to impact my life, and it wouldn't.

Timeskip - Five years later

It was finally the day. I had turned 10 a few weeks ago, and Uncle promised that when I turned 10, I'd be able to enroll in a school! I haven't felt joy or nerves like this in a while. I quickly put on the uniform, adjusting it slightly, and after that, I skipped over to where Uncle was sitting with a bright smile on my face. As nervous as I was, the excitement overruled it. I had been homeschooled by Uncle up until now, and this was the first opportunity I had to meet a bunch of new people.

He ruffled my hair before standing up. I grabbed my bag from beside the table before grabbing his hand and opening the door. I skipped after him as we left the building and we walked to the school together. He had told me I could walk to school on my own if I wanted, but I probably would have gotten lost, or have been too nervous. I felt safe as long as Uncle Shouta was around. We neared the school, and my (E/C) eyes widened. There was a bigger bounce in my steps, and a huge smile painted my face. I looked up at Uncle Shouta, and he gave a halfhearted smile back.