Chapter 13; The Sweet Hearts

Spike woke up to Pinkie Pie shaking him. She looked worried and her hair wasn't crazy at all, it was flat. He sprang straight up, to realise that Rainbow Dash wasn't beside him anymore. He saw a note and went to go pick it up, but Pinkie Pie grabbed him.

"Spike! Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack!" She said, her voice shaking. Spike turned at the sound of his beloved's name.

"What about Rainbow Dash?!" He screamed in her face. She gulped.

"Her and Apple Jack, they're having a fight... Apple Jack's really, really drunk, Rainbow Dash is just angry. Spike, you have to stop it, PLEASE?!" Pinkie said. Spike gasped.

"O-Of course I'll help!" He said, throwing on a pair of jeans and slipping some trainers on. He ran out of the house and it was there, happening right in front of the house. Rainbow Dash had her hand on the top of Apple Jacks golden locks and was pulling. Apple Jack was writhing in pain while trying to kick Rainbow Dash's legs from underneath her, but it wasn't working. Rainbow Dash was in the lead, but Spike saw that Apple Jack was about to take over. She quickly swiped her leg against Dashie's and she fell forwards. Apple Jack caught her and threw her the other way, climbing on top of her and beginning to throw punches. Spike couldn't watch it anymore. He ran over to Apple Jack and ripped her off, before picking up Rainbow Dash in his arms.

"S-Spike?" She said, looking him in the eye. And she'd only just gotten out of hospital...

"Dashie... are you okay?"

"Oh yeah! You romantic peice of shit, go get a life!" A slurred voice said. Suddenly a glass hit his head. He turned as it smashed to see Apple Jack laughing to herself. He stood up and walked over to her, looking down at her.

"What?" He grumbled darkly.

"You heard me, asshole!" She said. She was drunk, very drunk. And to think, not long ago they were sleeping in the same bed when she was sad.... Spike backed down.

"I'm not doing this, not while you're drunk." He said, before turning back to Rainbow Dash.

"Pussy!" Apple Jack screamed. He turned quickly and punched her in the nose. She wobbled a bit before falling on her ass, rubbing her nose. Spike walked back over to Rainbow Dash.

"Do you need to go to hospital?" He asked smoothly, picking her up. Her eyes closed and she shook her head.

"N-No thank you, I j-just need some rest." She said, before falling asleep in Spike's arms. He sighed and took her inside, going upstairs and laying her on his bed. He got in beside her and hugged her until he fell asleep again.

Fluttershy watched Apple Jack, anger in her eyes. Apple Jack slept. Fluttershy turned to Braeburn and growled.

"How could she?" She hissed. Braeburn raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you hated Rainbow Dash?"

"What?! Of course not! We might not be in a very good place at the moment, but she's still my best friend!" Fluttershy said. Braeburn put an arm around Fluttershy and hugged her tight. Fluttershy accepted the hug and enhaled his beautiful scent. She couldn't believe he was all hers. She let go of him and then got up.

"I need to go and see Rainbow Dash. I want to make sure she's okay." She said, before exiting the room. Braeburn followed her closely after. They walked to Twilight's house, hand in hand. When they arrived at the door, Braeburn turned her around and kissed her nose quickly before Twilight opened the door.

"What?" She snapped. Her eyes looked tired and stressed. Fluttershy looked worried instantly.

"Twilight! What's up?" She asked, walking into the house and sitting Twilight down.