Chapter 1 - The meeting

Hey! I'm guessing that you're here to read my story?

Well, here we go...

My name is Y/n and I'm almost 16. I live in the Philippines.

Life hasn't been that good to me, but try to stay positive and tell myself that everything will get better.

I'm an only child, and my parents don't really treat me well. My father is a drug addict and my mom is drunk 24/7.

Sometimes they get abusive but I learned how to defend myself, since they've been beating me up since I was 6. So for 10 years or so.

I wear a lot of makeup to cover the bruises and I act. I want to be an actress when I get older, but I've still got a LONG way to go.

I pass my time reading and playing my guitar, hoping that one day I can escape this hell hole.

I'm the top student in my whole school and they consider me popular? I don't really think much about that, because I don't really care about school. I have only one friend. Her name is Faith and we've been inseparable since we were 3 years old.

Both of us are obsessed with a boyband called Why Don't We. We've been their fans since their youtube cover times, and we won't ever stop supporting them.

My birthday was coming up, and I was expecting to get beaten up like usual, but strangely, my parents were looking at me smiling.

"Sweetie, happy birthday!" My mom says. This never happened, I don't know if I should be scared or happy about this.

Suddenly, my front door opens and a tall lady walks in.

"Y/N! Sweetie! Nice to see you again!" She says, jumping with joy.

What the hell. Who is she?

"Um... sorry but who are you?" I say.

"Oh, sweetie! You don't remember me but I'm your aunt!" She exclaims.

And thats where I see the resemblance. My mother and her kind of looked alike.

"She's here to give you your birthday gift." My dad said, walking into the living room, joining me and my mom.

My aunt gently grabs my arm and pulls me to one side.

"Can I take her out for the day?" She asks my parents.

"Sure, why not." They reply.

"Okay, bye!" I exclaim before running out.

Me and my aunt get in the car and drive off.

"So... listen, I know I haven't been in contact for so long but I'm here now. I know how much your parents abused you these past 10 years and I'm here to take you away from them. I will convince my sister to let you live with me, far away from here, where you can have a better chance in pursuing you dreams, okay?" She says.

"I guess... I mean, I sort of got used to all the beating up in the house. But living with you would be so cool! You seem like a very chill person, unlike mom." I reply.

We arrive to the mall and do shopping here and there, without realising that is was already dark outside and the mall was about to close up for the day.

*Skip the car ride home*

We arrive home and my aunt enters the house first. She sees my mom and my dad half drunk on the floor, saying gibberish and stuff.

"Y/n, go to your room and grab your clothes and every important thing you need. I am taking you out of here." She says in one breath.

I run up and grab the most important things that I need.

Guitar, laptop, clothes, brush, everything.

In 15 minutes, I manage to put all of my belongings in three bags and finally get down the stairs.

My aunt was standing in the hallway, with my parents standing near her.

"It was time that you left, you were such a disappointment to us." My father said, lifting up his fist to hurt me.

In one smooth move, my aunt grabbed his wrist and he was soon on the floor, his eyes looking at the ceiling.

"Y/n, lets go. Now." I nod my head and go into the car and we drive to the location.

The car ride took 8 hours, and when we arrived to her home, it was morning.

The house was marvellous, something I've never seen before.

"Welcome to El Nido, Palawan!" She says excitedly.

We take our bags out of the back of the car and we get inside.

"Go and get some rest, you can fix your things later when you've taken a nap."

She shows me my room and I just set my bags on the floor and lie down on the bed.

As soon as my head had hit the pillow, I was fast asleep.

*IN THE AFTERNOON*

I wake up and check the time. 6:30 PM. I hadn't realise that I slept for that long!

I walk around the house, attempting to memorise the whole thing out, and making my way to the beach.

When I finally figured out how to get out of the house, I go to the beach for an evening stroll.

I take out my phone and go on Instagram to post this amazing view.

INSTAGRAM

Y/username Love this view

Liked by alwaysfaith and 986 others

COMMENTS

alwaysfaith OH MY GOD

alwaysfaith WHERE ARE YOU

alwaysfaith YOU LEFT WITHOUT ME?!

alwaysfaith I THOUGHT WE WERE BEST FRIENDS?!

Y/username @alwaysfaith we are best friends lmao, I'll text you later

While I was walking and answering my best friend's comment, I bumped into a guy.

"HEY! WATCH IT! Gosh, does everyone stay on their phone 24/7 these days?!" The guy screamed.

I get up to see who it was.

I immediately recognised those brown eyes and that voice. He was the one who saved me, the one who managed to make me survive my old life.

Zach Herron.