Chapter 14 - I messed up.

"Why did my mother invite you here for dinner, huh?"

"Zach just shut the fuck up and leave me alone. It was Myta's decision, not mine. I just came because I hate saying no to people. I did not know that you would be here. Now, if you excuse me, I am going downstairs then I will be leaving soon."

I go downstairs and help Myta prepare the table for dinner.

"Josh! Reese! Ryan! Zach! Time for dinner!"

They all come down and sit around the table.

Myta and Josh sat on the ends of the table, Reese and Ryan sat next to each other leaving me only one place to go to... I have to sit near Zach.

It's just dinner, what can go wrong?

"So, Y/n, how's life with Ian?" Zach asked.

"It's great! Everything is going great with him, thank you very much Zach."

"Does he treat you better than how I treated you?"

"Now is not the time to talk about that."

"I don't think that theres a problem in talking about that right now."

"Zach, we're having dinner with your family. Don't ask me those questions now."

"That's your problem, you never want to talk about anything."

I set down the utensils I have in my hand and stand up.

"I lost my appetite. Myta, thank you so much for this amazing dinner but I really have to go now. I'm sorry."

"Y/n, sweetie are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. Hopefully one day we can meet again soon."

I look at Zach and I see him looking down at his plate, playing with his food with the fork.

I head to the living room, grab my jacket and purse and call Oreo.

As soon as Oreo comes to me, I leave the house.

Instead of going straight to home, I go and walk around a park nearby.

When I spot a bench, I put down my stuff and sit down, looking at the sky.

"What have I done wrong, huh Oreo? What did I do to deserve this?"

She climbs up to me and places her head on my lap.

"I'm glad that I have you, my little princess."

*2 hours later*

"Y/n?"

I look at the time and it was 11:30 PM. I gently remove Oreo's head from my lap and stand up to see who was calling me.

"Daniel? Hi."

He walks up to me and hugs me tightly, almost breaking my back.

"How are you feeling...?"

"To be honest, I feel like crap."

He sits down on the bench and signals me to sit next to him.

"Tell me, what's wrong, Y/n?"

"Everything. Myta invited me to dinner at their house today so I went there, not expecting Zach to be there, Zach gave me a "house tour", then we end up in his iron and out of nowhere asks me WHY did Myta invite me here, I got annoyed and just left the room to help Myta to set up the table and stuff and when it was dinner time, Zach randomly asks me questions about my love life, comparing my life now to how it was when I was his girlfriend, making me SUPER uncomfortable.I barely even touched my food, because I lost my appetite, then I just left. Myta understood me though, she said that it's completely fine. So I grabbed my stuff, called Oreo and left. Then I came here, then you came."