Chapter 29 - Home

The first months with the twins weren't easy I'm not gonna lie, most because Zach was still touting around all over the world, leaving me alone with two children. Myta and the rest of the Herron family were helping, obviously but sometimes the kids really just miss the touch of their father.

It was now February 2024 and the kids were now 10 months old.

Zach came back every two to three months when he was on break from tour and all the music recording.

The children miss him so much when he leaves, they keep asking when will he come back and how long will he stay.

I talked to the boys manager and I asked him to give ALL the boys some time off because they've barely been at home and Zach's been complaining to me on FaceTime of how tiring all this is and that he can't sleep at night because he wants to check up on me and the kids but the timezones aren't helping. Jon agreed to it, and he said he was going to talk to the boys about a well deserved break that was going to last for kind of a long time.

Today is also the day the boys all come back to their wives/ girlfriends and kids.

Jack, Gabbie and two and a half year old Lavender,

Jonah, Tate and newborn Alex,

Corbyn, Christina and her 4 year old Chance and her 2 year old Camila,

Daniel and Emily, expecting a baby boy,

Zach and I with Val and Liam.

It was 11 AM when I was on faceTime with Zach while he was on his tour bus on the way to the airport from Spain when Jon called all the boys for a "group meeting."

Zach didn't end the call and kept his phone with him so that I could listen to what Jon had to say.

"Okay guys." Jon started. "Since we've reached our last stop of the Falling For You tour, I've decided to give you guys a break that you deserve since you've worked so hard from the very first day you've been a band. David and I were talking and we decided that if it's aright for you, you're going to get a one to two year break to stay with your families and stay with your kids since I've been told they're missing their fathers and uncles so very much. Before we get to the airport though, you guys gotta post a video of you announcing this mini break to stay with your families and to watch your kids grow. Zach, this might be finally the opportunity for you and Y/n to get married. You better treat her well, she's like a daughter to me. Jack, you can take this time to finally propose to Gabbie as you wanted to do two years ago, Corbyn and Jonah you guys are already married so I don't gotta say anything, and finally, Daniel. I don't know what your plans with Emily are, but I have a feeling it will all turn out just fine soon."

"Jon- dude are you sure?" Zach says. "You're completely fine with this?"

"Of course I am, Zach. As I said before, Y/n talked to me a couple days ago and she made me think. She was right, you guys are missing out on your kids growing up, I'd hate it if when they grow older they'd say 'My dad wasn't there for me when I was young. He was always busy touring all over the world and having the time of his life with his friends.'. That would be the worst thing that could ever happen, so i'm going to give you what, two or more years break? Until you feel ready again to step up on stage and whenever you feel like your children are old enough to understand that you are doing this for them."

The boys seemed to understand that and be completely fine with it, they agreed to take this break and stay with their kids and significant others for some time.

They did their usual huddle one last time and they agreed to film this "goodbye" video and then go on their own ways when they landed here in Los Angeles.