Chapter 19 - Come with me

"Zach. We need to talk."

"Sure."

I put a blanket on Y/n and made sure that she was comfortable before I headed out to the living room where Daniel was sitting on the couch, waiting for me.

"So- uh, Daniel. What's up?"

"Where's Oreo?"

"Oreo got into an accident. And s-she-"

"Oreo didn't make it didn't she."

"No, Daniel. Oreo didn't make it."

Daniel stood up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, as he was holding the cup, it slips from his hand and there's now glass scattered all over the floor.

I run to Daniel and see him leaning on get counter, with his head between his hands, crying.

I place my hand on his back and he looks up at me.

"Daniel I'm sorry bro."

He dries his tears up and leaves the kitchen to go to his room.

I clean up the broken glass and leave Daniel's apartment to go back home.

*A FEW WEEKS LATER*

*YOUR POV*

Me and Daniel are still struggling with the loss of Oreo, she is- was my first puppy, after all.

I still keep her stuff as a remembrance, of course, and I set up a frame with all my pictures with her.

Gosh, I miss that dog.

Zach comes to visit every day to bring food and hang out, sometimes he even sleeps over too.

Daniel is with Jonah Jack and Corbyn most of the time, he sometimes comes home very late because he was with the other boys.

I go to the park near our house every day, to get some fresh air and just walk around and listen to music or read a book.

Zach told me that him and the boys were leaving in a few days for their Europe tour, not gonna lie, I'm going to feel really sad when he and Daniel leave.

I'm gonna miss the other boys too, thats for sure, but I'm going to miss Daniel and Zach most because Daniel is my best friend and Zach is my... it's complicated.

I was lying down in my bed while Zach was playing Fortnite on the PlayStation, sitting on the edge of my bed; I was playing some music on my computer while looking at him play.

Out of nowhere, he pauses the game and looks at me.

"Um... you okay, Zach?"

"It's just- I've been thinking."

"About what?"

"I don't want to leave you alone, Y/n. Come with me."

"I'm not sure David is going to like that."

"I can talk to him! I want you to be with me... please, think about coming on tour with me."

"Why don't you talk to David first, then tell me what he says. Does that sound good?"

"Okay. I'll let you know."

"Okay."

He turns around again and resumes his Fortnite game.

I start thinking about it, it might actually be a good idea to go and travel with him.

Zach soon leaves to go to their manager's house and ask if I can travel with them. In the meantime, I decided to go to the beach to hang out or get an ice cream or something.