Chapter 15 - Don't hide

"Zach. What is going on? There must be a reason behind your crying. Who is sending you death threats?"

He looked at me, stood up and wiped his tears.

"Nothing."

"Zach."

"Y/n."

"Tell me what is happening."

Well, as you already knew, I was out with friends last night singing karaoke then one of my friends, posted on the Instagram stories the part where it looks like I'm saying the n word but I was actually not, I said "hitta", not the n word."

"Show me the video, Zach."

He takes out his phone, puts the video on and shows me.

I watch the video and I see that Daniel was there too, that moment was 100% before Daniel picked me up.

"Ugh, I messed up so freaking bad." Zach says tearing up again.

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him.

"Hey, all of this drama will go away soon, okay? I promise that you'll be fine, nothing bad will happen to you." I say.

"You don't get it, Y/n. I have almost 1.9MIL people telling me to go die or stuff like that."

"Well. If you didn't say the n word why don't you go and explain?"

"I prefer to not do that."

"Why do you have to hide from your problems?!"

"I'm not hiding from my problem. I just need some time off."

"You're exactly hiding from it."

"I am not."

"Whatever floats your boat, Herron."

"What are you even doing here, Y/n?"

"Last time I checked, this is NOT YOUR apartment but this is Dani's."

"Last time I checked, you were with IAN."

"What's your problem with him anyway? You've been hating him ever since the both of you met!"

"Well, it's not my fault if he's a fudgeboy."

"How would you know that, huh? You've never had an actual conversation with him."

"Tell me, Y/n. How many times has Ian cheated on you or hit on girls in front of you?"

"..."

"That's what I thought."

"Um- guys, I think that is enough."

I look at Daniel.

"I'm going to my room."

I go to my room, open my laptop and go on Twitter.

All I see in my feed is Zach saying the N word and people giving him death threats.

I feel bad for him, not gonna lie, but if he just REALLY EXPLAINED what actually happened instead of hiding from this the drama is gonna calm down for a bit.

*A FEW DAYS LATER*

I've been living in Dani's home for these past days, Keri, Jeff and Anna have been very kind and welcoming to me, since me and Daniel are now basically best friends.

As for Zach, I don't know how he is. As soon as I got into my room, he started screaming at Daniel and left.

He's been with Myta or with some other girls or I don't know who for these past days.

One afternoon, me, Daniel, Oreo and a good friend that I met some time ago named Emily were walking around the beach until Daniel pulls me on one side and kindly asks me to go around somewhere for like 10 minutes because he has to do something with Emily.

I agree and start walking more towards the beach, where there are no people around and go live on my Instagram.

"Hey guys." I say.

I see all the comments flooding up and they all say one thing.

"Did you hear about Zach saying the N word?"

Since almost all of the ones watching my live were asking that, I decide to finally speak.

"Yes, I heard about that and the only thing that I'm going to say is that he will come around and apologise soon... hopefully. He's a smart boy, he knows what to do."

As soon as I said that, the comments all started saying "It's almost been a week, don't you think that he's had enough time to think about what he just did?"

I read the comment out loud and think about what I can say about that.

"Um... I honestly don't know, I haven't talked to him since the morning after that happened so I don't know what he's been doing these past days... sorry guys. Changing subject though... I want to meet some of you, so if you're in the LA area this summer, you can find me at the beach every sunset!"

I lift my eyes and search for Oreo and see her just playing in the sand. I look back down on my phone on my live to say something but I got interrupted.

"Y/n?"

I turn around and see Emily with Daniel.

"One sec, Em. I just gotta end this live."

I look at my phone once again and sign off the live.

"So, what's up, Dani and Em?"

"Well... we have something to tell you."

"Did you finally make a move, Seavey?"

I see Daniel starting to blush and Emily looking at me shocked.

"Y/N YOU KNEW?!"

"About him having a crush on you, Em?"

"Yes!"

"Oh hell yeah. Ever since you met six months ago he's never stopped talking about you and your crazy rainbow hair."

"Really Dani? Rainbow hair?" Emily says while laughing.

"What? That's what I love about you!"

They start doing all the cheesy couple stuff and I'm here in fronton them third wheeling with Oreo.

"Um guys can we please go? I'm feeling kinda uncomfortable third wheeling over here."
Daniel looks at me and starts laughing.

Emily giggles and grabs my arm and we all walk back home.

Emily stayed the night in Daniel's room and I was left in my room eating snacks, giving Oreo dog biscuits or any dog treats, watching Netflix and I eventually ended up staying up all night writing songs and thinking about the most random stuff that came into my mind.

Without even realising it, it was soon 6AM and I was supposed to get up to go for a jog.

As I was going for a jog, I see some familiar faces on the beach, surfing.

I stop jogging and walk up to those very familiar faces.

It was Jack and Gabbie, Jonah and Tate and... last but not least, Zach. He didn't have a girl with him which was weird because I've been told that he has been hooking up with some random girls.

"Hey guys!"

They all came to me and went in for a group hug except for Zach.

I guess he is mad at me.

Again.