2

This was requested by @wAsTeOfSpAcEPeEpS

Trigger warning for self harm.

I don't own Voltron and I don't have any experiences dealing with sensitive topics like this.

___________________________________
For once, Lance was struggling to sleep. His skincare routine and headphones didn't work tonight, didn't get rid of the sense that something was wrong. He'd already paced around his room, made sure all his products were capped, and checked on blue, but the feeling was still there. He sat on his bed for a minute, absentmindedly observing his lion slippers when the thought hit him. The TV! He probably hadn't shut it down properly! With a relieved sigh he stood up, stretched, and headed towards the rec. room. As he passed Pidge's room he stopped, figuring he'd make sure Pidge was actually asleep and not coding on her laptop. A quick peek revealed the girl was curled up in a ball with her back facing the wall. The frown on her face was gone, instead it was replaced with a lax expression. Lance smiled and hummed quietly as he withdrew his head, continuing forwards on his quest.

Upon reaching his destination and finishing his quest, Lance frowned when he realised that the sense was still there. With an exaggerated sigh, the cuban teen headed towards the kitchen for a drink, smiling at Coran laying spreadeagled on the floor, sound asleep, as he passed. Quiet talking alerted him to someone else being awake, and judging by the soft quality of it, Lance would safely say it was Allura, probably talking to Shiro or her telepathic mice about Altea. He stepped into the kitchen and quickly made himself some water before gulping it down and stealing a cookie from Hunk's newest batch. No one else would miss it.

After having his drink and cookie he headed back too his room, but a soft whimper like noise made him stop and look towards where it sounded like it came from. Was it possible that Keith was dreaming? Did Keith even dream? He pondered the thought for a minute, forgetting why he was standing there in the first place until he heard another muffled whimper. He quickly made up his mind and slipped inside only to freeze at the sight of Keith , the hem of his shirt in his mouth, with a shard of glass pressed into the skin of his hips and tears rolling down his pale cheeks.

His hips weren't the only place with cuts, the inside of his elbow, his ribcage and there was a shallow cut on his abdomen.

"W—What the! Keith!" He whispered harshly, frozen to the spot in shock and fear. Keith jumped at the sound of his voice and looked at him with shocked wide eyes.

"L—Lance!" He squeaked, and Lance would of laughed in any other situation but this was nowhere near funny. He was frozen as Keith clumsily attempted to hide the glass and the cuts, (letting go of his shirt and hiding the glass behind him), but he made the situation worse when he twisted and his body flinched like he's been electrocuted.Lance shook his head and forced his body to move when Keith flinched again and made a wounded noise, sounding less like Voltron's fiery instinct and more like an abandoned kitten. He managed to grab the smaller boy's shoulder, gently, and forced him to face him, ignoring how he was shaking.

Keith was looking down, causing tears to fall off his nose, his eyes, as far as Lance could tell, were closed. He drew his attention away from Keith's face and knelt to look at where Keith had been digging the glass in on his hip, lifting his top up to get a better look. Seven bloody lines marked his skin, and Lance frowned as blood bubbled from the deepest one. He looked up at Keith and then, using his index and middle finger, brought Keith's chin up too look at him in the eye.

"Why did you do it?" He whispered, making sure too keep eye contact, Keith shrugged jerkily and looked away. Lance frowned as the indigo orbs fluttered and his shaking intensified. Keith opened his mouth, and Lance waited to her something, maybe an apology, or a angry comment with subtext that told Lance to leave, but the only noice Keith made was a quiet whining sound. His eyes slid closed and he passed out, falling onto Lance who almost fell over with the unexpected weight. "Keith?" He whispered, shaking the unconscious boy slightly and cursing when their was no answer.
"Keith!" He said again, louder and bit his lip when Keith didn't react.