6

The photo isn't mine, but I edited it and put the writing on it, but I hold no credit for the original photo.

I don't own Voltron ________________________________
The bright festival lights hurt Keith's eyes, making him blink and rub his eyes every few seconds. They weren't like normal lights from earth. These light were a black sort of colour, and had lead to Pidge making a joke about how it was his soul or something. He hadn't really understood, and had laughed uneasily along with the others, not meeting Lance's eye as he pulled his hand out of the loose grip the other held it in.

He had slipped away when Allura had came back and told them too mingle with the crowd, hiding in one of the quieter areas. Red purred soothingly too him, helping him bring his anxiety down to a manageable level as he took in where the other paladins were.

Allura and Coran were talking too Queen Harvama. Keith was willing to bet that they were trying to make another alliance. The Glacians seemed to be the one race the Galran's wouldn't actively fight against, making them great allies. Glacian's kinda looked human, but their skin was way too pale and they had similar markings to Alteans, but the markings were a vast arrange if colours. Their eye colour was varying shades of blue and they some of them had galran ears and tails, but they were both fluffy. Female glacians tended to be taller and have brighter marking then males.

Shiro was talking to some regal looking Glacian, who had dark eyes and spiky hair. The alien said something and Shiro laughed, the sound making Keith smile ever so slightly.

He then caught site of Pidge, who was talking animatedly to a small group. If Keith had to guess, he would say she was explaining something science related that he had no clue of understanding. Whatever it was, the whole group was entranced.

Hunk was over by the food stores, trying free samples and purchasing more food to stock up the castle with. Keith then looked for the last member of team Voltron and was kinda shocked to see him surrounded by female glacians. The blue paladin had a girl on each arm and was laughing at something one of them had said. He took a shaky step back has his heart clenched. Lance was his boyfriend, why was he surrounded by girls? Why did he look so happy? Did he actually want a girlfriend who would hold his hand and understand his jokes and be everything that he wasn't?

Red growled in his mind, taking his attention off Lance.

"My Paladin, stop fretting, Blue's cub wouldn't do anything like that." He soothed, and Keith sighed, suddenly feeling tired. He decided to head back too the castle, and then told the others in his comm. Various replies were heard as he concentrated on putting one foot in front of the other. But someone walked into him and some sort of pore fell over both off them. The glacean growled and they both carried on walking. He suddenly felt drained and his vision tilted.

Later he wouldn't remember the two aliens who grabbed him and injected him with something, it felt like a fire underneath his skin and it hurt. A lot. He was too focused on the pain to realise he'd just been dumped outside the castle, left lying there like some broken toy.

___________________________

Lance had panicked when they had gotten back too the castle and found Keith sprawled in the dirt. He'd ran ahead and checked on the older boy. His breathing was fine, but his pulse was a little too slow for Lance's liking. Coran had dismissed it and told Lance to take Keith too his room and too let him sleep, so he had done as suggested and carefully picked up the red paladin, leading the way inside but veering away from the others, who were all heading too the kitchen too see what Hunk had brought.

Lance gently deposited Keith on his bed and kissed his forehead. If Keith seemed a bit hotter than normal
than Lance didn't say anything too the others, he just said that Keith was resting. He told them not too worry and that he was fine. Boy he had been wrong.