Chapter 28

Lucy's Point of View

"Why are you here?"

I can't believe who I'm looking at right now, my hands shaking to reach and touch her. I wanted to hug her, but the deadly presence that's emitted from her body told me it would be the wrong thing to do.

"I don't like you talking so familiarly to me, Lucy Heartfilia." She uttered coldly, staring blankly at me.

Why? What's going on? Does she not remember me?

"Michelle..." I called out lowly, my voice slightly shaking as I still looked at her in disbelief.

But wait... Her right name should be Gonzales. The doll my parents gave me on my birthday when I was a child.

"Michelle? Gonzales? Imitatia?" The woman I once treated as my little sister laughed mockingly, a bit of disgust found in her voice. "I have no memory of those names ever being mine, but I do know they were. However, I don't care about my life before at all. Pierre-sama gave me a new life and a new name, and I am Puppetatia."

The look in her eyes indicated that she does not recognize me at all. Considering she is a doll, and Pierre is a powerful mage, it was possible her memories were erased. But still... How can I fight her? She may not know me right now but I do know her, and all our memories together is still in my mind.

"It's me... Lucy. Don't you remember?" I smiled hopefully, taking careful steps towards her. The only thing I could do right now is try to make her remember. I just... can't fight her.

"I know who you are. You are our master's wife." Michelle blankly uttered, raising her weapon, which was a chainsaw. Just the sight of its sharp edges made me aware how dangerous it was if it lands a hit on me.

"I'm not his wife! I'm... I'm your sister!" I still tried although I already knew it was useless. She doesn't even look like she cares of who she used to be.

"I'm a doll. How can I have a sister?" Michelle clicked her tongue in annoyance before looking at me with serious eyes. "Enough chats. My mission is to defeat you... in any way as long as I leave you alive."

The creepy grin that crossed her lips made my skin crawl, even more when she looked at me sinisterly. As soon as Michelle took a step forward, I leaped back and readied my whip.

But... I don't want to fight her. I just can't. There has to be some other way!

"Let's settle this peacefully... please?"

"You wish." As soon as she said that, she dashed towards me in a fast manner and all I could to was run to the opposite direction, away from her and her deadly weapon.

"Michelle, remember!" I yelled as I ran, sweat running down from my whole body. My heart was beating fast and loudly due to fear and nervousness, and I also can't help but worry about the others. I just hope they're fine.

I was somehow able to lose her as I hid inside a dark room, doing my best to stay quiet as I searched for an exit. Damn, this makes me feel as if I'm in a horror movie!

"Lucy-nee~"

Michelle's singing of my name made my skin crawl and my heart beat even louder. I swallowed a thick lump in my throat as I silently walked towards the door at the other side of the room.

I placed my ear on the door and listened for any noise at the other side, and hearing none, I backed away a bit as I turned the doorknob.

But as soon as I opened the door, a scream escaped my lips as Michelle's grinning figure greeted me.