Prologue

Once upon a time in a far away land a young princess lived in a shining castle. Though she had everything her heart could have desired, the princess was spoiled, selfish, and unkind to even those she counted as friends. But then one winter's night an old beggar came to the castle. The princess was offered a single rose in return from shelter from the bitter cold. Repulsed by his haggard appearance the princess sneered at the gift and turned the old man away. The old man warned her not to be deceived by appearances for beauty is found within.

         The princess laughed at the old beggar man and turned him away yet again, and it was then the princess was taught of her mistake. The old man's ugliness melted away to reveal a handsome enchanter. The princess fell to her knees and tried to apologize but it was too late, for the enchanter know knew that there was no love in her heart. As punishment he laid a curse upon the princess and all who lived there. Ashamed of her monstrous form, the princess concealed herself inside her castle with her servants as the only companions and the incoming post as the only connection to the outside world.

         The rose that was offered to her was truly an enchanted rose, that was planted in front of the castle and bloomed into a beautiful rose bush. There it would thrive for all time, as a reminder to the princess of the five years she had to break the curse and to serve as a forever reminder should she fail. The princess was tasked with finding one to love that could love her in return before the curse finished her and all her servants completely. As the years passed, the princess fell into despair for who could ever learn to love such a hissing monster that had once been a beauty.

Author's Note:
 Hello dears,
      Well this is different for me but I had the idea come to me and the only way to get it out of my head was to write it down. So enjoy if you want. Otherwise, no hard feelings dears, and have an amazing week and remember that you are all beautiful.
   -Always,
      Jane :)