Epilogue

Epilogue:

"What happened then father?" (Louis)

"Yes what happened to the princess and the man?" (Liliana)

"They lived happily ever after and had several children. The Princess having learned that true beauty is found within. They governed the kingdom the best they could, and they were well loved by the people and their staff, but most importantly they were well-loved by each other." (Dan)

"So they were, but now it's time for bed." (Ama)

"But mother-" (Louis & Liliana)

"No buts, listen to your mother. We all have big day ahead of us tomorrow." (Dan)

"Alright, goodnight." (L & L)

"Goodnight my dears." (Ama)

"We'll see you in the morning." (Dan)

Both parents kissed their two twin children goodnight before leaving their room, shutting the door gently behind them as they did. They walked quietly down the hall hand in hand, past the library where so many memories of theirs had occurred over the years. It was six years since the curse had been broken and they had been married to one another. Five years since the twins had been born.

Their children didn't know that the story of the Hissing Beauty as their father had named it was about their own parents. Though they planned on telling them as soon as they were older, so perhaps it could serve as more than a simple bedtime story. They were just as much in love as they had been six years ago and they didn't see their love ever ending.

Much had changed in the palace, but much had also stayed the same. Jacque was still their trusted advisor, but they also listened and took advice from the other members of their staff at times. Jacque had also in love a few years ago with a girl from the nearby village and she and Amalie had become great friends, something that would have never happened had it not been for the curse that changed her attitude so much.

The Enchanter had appeared before them only once more since the curse was broken, and that was on the day of the twins birth. Amalie had been worried that he had come to lay another enchantment on the castle, but he came only to bless the two children. He had also asked Daniel about his family before disappearing with a bright gleam in his eye.

Daniel had seen to it that his father would be taken care of in his old age, though his father did not know it was his own son taking care of him. Daniel had his messengers say that it was a gift from the king, which was not a total lie. For it was only three years ago that Amalie's parents stepped down from the thrown allowing them both to become the new King and Queen of the land.

As for his sister and her husband Gaston, they lived happily enough it seemed. Though eventually even Gaston became irritated with her ungrateful and demanding nature. He had thought of leaving several times but the five young boys and single girl she had bore him kept him from doing so. It was not until an enchanter visited one night that she learned her lesson. Her enchantment lasted until she learned humility, otherwise she could only speak in short rhymes or verses. It was, unfortunately for everyone involved, a curse that lasted for several years before she finally learned her lesson.

Like her father, she never knew that her brother had married the princess and was now King over all the lands, and he liked it that way. He never stopped loving them in a way, but knew in his heart that if they knew of his position they would want only to use him for it. The King stopped as his love did in front of the library doors, a slight smile on her face as she did.

"A bit of reading tonight love?" (Dan)

"Hmmm perhaps, let's see what the library holds for us tonight." (Ama)

The Queen's secret smile never left her face as he nodded and they walked into the library hand in hand together. The Queen's gaze drifted to the darkest corner of the room, knowing that if she had never come down from there her life wouldn't be what it was now. She turned towards her husband, the love of her life, to see him staring at the corner with a slight smile as well.

"It's been what now, six and a half years since you first showed me yourself right here." (Dan)

"I remember it well." (Ama)

"You were so beautiful and yet so frightened, but still you're just as beautiful now." (Dan)

Amalie blushed at her husband's comment, only having accepted that he truly thought she was beautiful in that form after hearing him tell their children the story for the first time a few years ago. He had always described her as a beautiful scaled princess, and never as the monster she had seen herself as. She smiled at him before turning to face the window looking out at the gardens.

A fresh layer of snow covered the grounds, and she smiled knowing that their walk tomorrow morning would require additional clothing. However, she wouldn't be in danger of freezing to death as she had been while under the enchantment. She took a deep breath wondering what her husband would do with the news she had for him before she turned back to face him.

"Daniel, I have something I should tell you." (Ama)

"What is it love? Are you parents no longer coming to the ball tomorrow?" (Dan)

"If they come they come, if not it will not make a difference honestly. My news is of a different nature." (Ama)

"Alright love, what is it?" (Dan)

"I'm with child again." (Ama)

She watched as he seemed to freeze in his spot and she wondered if he was displeased with the news that soon they would have yet another child to tend to. They had enough servants that if they wanted they wouldn't even have to see their children every day, but neither of them wanted that. They both knew what it was like to feel unloved as a child by their own parents and didn't want that for their own. However, they had never talked of having more children and now her mind was full of worries as she stared at him.

"Daniel?" (Ama)

Daniel finally seemed to come alive again as he broke out into a wide grin and walked towards her. He picked her up and gently swung her around before bringing her into his chest and his warm embrace. He laughed a bit as he pulled away from her and gently rested his hand on her stomach as he did.

"You make me the happiest man alive Amalie just by loving me, but by giving me two beautiful children and now a third. I couldn't imagine ever being any happier than I am right now, you know that." (Dan)

"Oh thank goodness I was worried-" (Ama)

"Worried? Oh love, never think I won't want more children. I'll want as many more as you're willing to have." (Dan)

"Oh Daniel I love you." (Ama)

"Not nearly as much as I love you." (Dan)

A few months later the King and Queen welcomed their newest child to their family, and the kingdom welcomed the newest little Princess. She was an exact replica of her mother, especially her bright green eyes, and they chose her name carefully, even more so than they did with the twins when they were born.

So, it came to be that Queen Amalie, King Daniel, Prince Louis, Princess Liliana, and Princess Sariff lived and ruled the kingdom together in a palace full of love for one another as well as their staff, friends, and advisors. The story of the Hissing Princess was passed down from Daniel and Amalie to their children, then their grandchildren, and then their great-grandchildren so that they could all be taught how important having a loving heart was and that true beauty was found within.

Most importantly though for Daniel and his hissing beauty, they all lived happily ever after.

The End.