Drunk Inspiration = Paper Admiration

(Female Oswald/Olivia x Mickey Fanfic) Olivia is a manga-ka/writer who hasn't made a good love story in months. After a drink with her cousin in an attempt to cheer her up, she has a little too much to drink and in a fit of drunken frustration, draws up a story of a handsome prince falling for a shy artist. What will happen when she wakes up the next day to find her story came to life? The results from reading a manga about three manga loving boys and female student who is secretly a manga artist and watching The Cat Returns yesterday. Hope you guys enjoy! 😊

Being a manga-ka was hard. From the rude stares received from society to appeasing the crowd with your work, and not to mention the long restless work hours. Olivia knew it wasn't smart to close her eyes while walking, especially since she was carrying a heavy load of paper, but the headache brewing inside of her took over a lot of her common sense. She supposed her cousin had meant well last night; offering to throw her a small party with fancy champagne to lift her spirits after yet another work of hers failed to get recognized. Unfortunately, Olivia had drunk more than she should have, not only resulting in a terrible hangover but in a fit of boredom had wasted all of her comic paper putting together a badly made-up fantasy. She winced as she recalled waking up to that mess of sketches. It was one of the worst love plots she had ever done; something about a handsome prince strolling into town on a tall horse, instantly smitten by a timid little artist.

Oh well, it wasn't going to do her any good to cry over wasted ink and poster paint. She had bought a huge stack of comic paper to start fresh, plus the way home wasn't terribly long. With a timid sigh, she opened her eyes, focusing on the sidewalk. As she started walking towards her apartment, Olivia noticed that many people on both sides of the street had stopped what they were doing and were staring at the street in awe. The men were startled, while the women appeared to be gleefully surprised; some were even fanning themselves. Curious, Olivia weaved her way through the crowds, trying to peek at what was capturing their attention. She heard the beat of hooves before seeing the crowd pleaser. There was a tall black horse calmly walking in the middle of the street; its head held high in pride. Olivia thought this to be a funny coincidence since in her drunken stupor she had drawn a horse in a similar fashion. Once she got a look at the rider, however, it stopped being funny. There sat the most handsome man she had ever seen in her life; because he was handsome in every way she had described her perfect man to be. He was dressed in black and white; the attire fit for a man of royal status. His fur and muzzle were dark, carrying elegance and mystery to him, and his eyes shone a chestnut brown with a gold tint, reminding her of autumn. He kindly waved to the occasional passerby, looking around as he rode forward. Olivia kept walking, trying to keep up with him as he rode. This was impossible! Everything about him was mentioned in her one-shot that night! The outfit, the fur, the eyes! She had imagined it all up, and yet there it was, in flesh and blood. She knew she had never seen this man before in her life, so she couldn't have just created him from memory. So focused was Olivia on this conundrum that she didn't look where she was going. This resulted in her tripping over a crack in the sidewalk while landing loudly into several trash-cans.

Yelping in her shock, she fell on her back as her papers flew all around her. The mystery man was forgotten for the moment as her loss of material became more important. "Oh no! No, no, no! Stop, please stop!" She tried to sit up; grabbing back what was hers. To add more problems to her day, a strong gust of wind began to blow, tossing around her newly bought comic paper. "Nooo! I used my entire week's allowance on them!" She whined out loud, making feeble attempts to snatch her elusive papers. Not caring how she looked to anyone who saw, she jumped around in the trash, doing whatever embarrassing acts it took to get back what was hers. This included laying flat on her belly to try and snatch one that was lying on the ground.

However, a hand wearing riding gloves grabbed it first. She looked up, and now the handsome rider was in front of her, standing over her, raising his eyebrows as he held her last paper. Goodness, he was even better looking up close. Cheeks flushing, Olivia leaped to her feet, gently taking back her paper; fumbling for words. "Th-th-thank... thank you! Thank you. So v-very much. I-i was just. Um, w-well. I f-fell." Her arms shifted around, trying to keep steady of all the papers she had managed to collect. "So... s-so thanks." She smiled nervously as she noticed something going on in his eyes. In her spur of the moment drawing the night before, she had described that the god-like prince had taken one look at the small timid artist; instantly falling love with her. She had gone into overly lengthy detail of how his eyes had changed as he gazed upon the petite creator, and now, in reality, she could see those exact changes taking place. The widening of his eyes, the brightening of colors, then the settlement, and a calm smile gracing his face. It was terribly dull and never happened in reality. So what was happening here and now? Olivia's mind was bending over backward trying to find a reasonable explanation.