CHAPTER TEN

OMFG!! Zayn's new song is so lit!! If you haven't heard it already, listen!! ^^

CHAPTER TEN

<<Zayn's POV>>

I was in the dark, stumbling, looking in the dark, with an empty heart. I was making my way through the alleys, looking for anything I could get for survival. Then I heard a loud crash. I thought it was just another street fight. I like street fights. I watch and when it's over, I scramble and try to get as much money or goods as I can. I walked slowly to the direction that I heard it coming from. What I saw immediately angered me.

With more flashbacks in my mind. Of a time many years ago.

<<Flashbacks>>

"Okay Zayn, so this is Nadjhio, he's also another apprentice, like you, Zayn, he'll be your roommate." An older woman introduced sweetly. "In about a few months, you'll both learn from the industry and graduate." She walked out and locked the door for the night.

"Okay!" Nadjhio chirped with a smile. We were about thirteen years old. He was happy and cheerful. He introduced himself to me. He was from Nepal, but he was traded here to this place because his family was in debt and the monsoon flooded their rice paddies away. That evening, we played truth or dare in our small room, which was basically a bunk bed, a small, metal bucket for a toilet and a dresser with a small table, with a lamp, the only source of light. But I didn't need the light from the lamp, Nadjhio was my light.

"Okay, hmmm, I dare you to kiss me." I dared with a naughty grin and laugh.

"What" He gasped.

"It's a dare, you gotta play by the rules." I smirked.

"Um, okay." He smiled and he kissed me, right on the lips. I felt a spark, it felt just right. I moaned and pulled the back of his head closer. I brushed his hair, which was a fringe over. He pushed his hand through my quiff. He felt my unblemished, clear skin and massaged my back as I gave him all of my love. We were perfect. When we did finally pull back, I had a goofy smile and my heart was in my eyes.

"Did you feel that?" I asked, with a grin.

"Oh my god, yes!" Nadjhio gasped and smiled.

"What does that means?" I asked

"If it's meant to be, let it be." He replied. I kissed him again and he lit up my heart.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else!" I laughed.

"You're the one that I want." He replied.

<<Several months later>>

"Quick, run!" Nadjhio screamed. I stood there frozen, watching her die. The blood rushed out of her body and I watched as it ran at my feet.

"Na-na-na," I started to call out. But He scooped me up and ran with me. He climbed several flights of stairs. As he was running, I snapped out of my trance. He let go of me. As we were being chased, I tripped and twisted my ankle. The floor beneath me broke and my left leg was caught in it. I was stuck