CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Yay! Another chapter! How did you feel about Zigi possibly getting back together? 

I mean, they did miss each other, but I mean, why can't Zayn get with Niall? They'd be so much cuter. But that's none of my shit to put my nose into.

Warning: VERY EMOTIONAL (look at the quote on top)

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

<<Zayn' POV>>

"Niall, you already know that there was more to me than what I told you." I told him.

"Yes, yes I did." Niall replied, listening carefully. "And I won't judge."

Everybody says that I thought. "Well, thank you." I replied. I looked at Liam and Louis. They motioned for me to go on.

"It's okay, I promise." Niall assured. I took a deep breath.

"Well, okay, so what I did tell you is true, my mother was burned to death by my father." I started. "Well, what did you think happened after that?" I asked.

"Well, I assumed that you were in with the wrong crowd and, well, they did something to you and hurt you very badly." Niall guessed. "And it hurt you very badly because you trusted them and you were betrayed." Niall looked at Cardi, the backstabber, who bit her bottom lip. "And then you have to sacrifice everything you had, to get out of it, just like Nicki," Niall hypothesised.

"Well, go on." I urged.

"Well, then your had to do more than just betray, you had to kill someone." Niall added, looking at Liam. "And make the most of what was left." Niall looked at Louis. "But then, you were so broken, that you couldn't do it, so you just did what was left, to streetwalk and to pickpocket, something that's not too bad, but at least helps you survive." Niall predicted. "Until you met Nicki, and Louis and the rest of us." I looked into Niall's eyes. I sighed.

"You're somewhat right. But there's more." I said.

<<And hour later>>

We had finally reached Stefani's small place, which she was gonna be leaving next week. We sat in the foyer and I told my story to everyone. I had to tell Niall all about my past life.

I told him about being picked up by a very powerful and promising man, who owned a lot. He took me in to learn and use me for his very dark, underground business. There, I met someone else who he picked up, a small boy named Nadjhio, who was . I told Niall about Nadjhio and described him in detail. How Naddie was very sweet, and despite the conditions, Naddie always had love and patience and was always very, very gentle, despite our conditions. He taught me the importance of having patience and to be gentle. How Naddie learned to hack as side job when I chose to counterfeit. I left out what our true job was. What we were really destined to do.

I told Niall about when Nadjhio died. When he sacrificed his life for mine. How he wanted me to live instead of himself. By now, Niall and Harry were crying. But not a single tear fell from my eyes. Niall didn't judge, he only showed compassion and empathy. I told him that I wandered the streets that night, and for many months after that, living off of being a pickpocketer and a fence.

Then I went in how I met my next love, Nigel, who was a few years older than me. Nigel was a thief, who stole from money launderers and other criminals. I told him my story and we were careful. So we were vigilantes. I explained how I pickpocket him and he caught me.

But he befriended and took me in when he saw my potential and how I could've helped him. He didn't have the patience or the extreme levels of gentleness of Nadjhio. But he was very wise and smart and cunning. And he had love. He loved me with all his heart. Whereas Nadjhio taught me how to use my heart, Nigel taught me how to use my brain.