Chapter 23

Brad's POV:

'Sara wait', I screamed down the road as she took off at a good 60mph, I turned quickly and ran back in the house, 'tris can I borrow your car', I said quickly, 'yeah sure', he said his voice slurred as he was tired, I then grabbed his car keys and ran outside unlocking his car and jumping inside, I quickly put the key in the ignition and set off quickly, on the road it was dark there was one place that had no lights and just the view of headlights lit the road ahead, I was looking about and driving steady down this dark road, 'Sara where are you', I whispered to myself as I made my way down the road when I saw a car on fire down the side of the hill, my immediate reaction was to call fire and rescue and the ambulance, I pulled over and got my phone out as I ran down the hill, keeping away from the blaze, I looked to see if I could see anyone in the car when the phone answered, 'hello 999 what's the problem', she said, I told her where I was and what had happened she said someone was on there way, the fire wasn't as big as expected and was on the passengers side of the upturned vehicle, so I decided to step closer to see if I could see anyone inside, 'hello can anyone hear me', I yelled to the car waiting for a reply.

5 minutes later I heard the ambulance and fire engine along with a police car they all rushed to the scene, the fire men put out the fire and the police put yellow tape around the scene and then the ambulance service moved in, the car looked deformed and odd but you could just make out that it was royal blue, the men had do break the car open to get inside, I just watched in worry for the drivers life they will have been Lucky to survive this. If they had.

Then the ambulance men brought out a stretcher and began moving about I couldn't quite see the drivers face but they're was only one of them in the car, 'sir could I ask you a few questions', the police officer asked me as he walked over, 'umm.....yeah sure', I said shakily, he asked me a few questions and then took me to the ambulance where the injured person was, they wanted me to identify them, well if I knew who they where. I held my breath as I walked in, a perfectly still body lay on the stretcher and as I looked up my heart was pounding, I hated anything that was gory, they had blonde hair, their face was covered in blood, and they had blue eyes, that's when I realised who it was, I broke into tears, 'sir, could you identify the patient please', the police officer asked from behind me, 't-that's S-Sara, she's my girlfriend'', I stuttered nervously through my tears, 'thank you sir, now can you please step outside so we can take the patient to hospital as quick as possible, maybe there's a chance she'll survive', the police man said I stepped out of the ambulance and I watched as they closed the doors and left, 'she's not gunna die is she', I asked the police officer through my tears, 'I'm not going to lie sir, there's a high chance that she will not make because of how bad the accident is', he said putting his hand on my back, 'Sargent Bathers we have another call', another officer said from the police car, the officer then turned and left just like that, like nothing had happened.