𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘹 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳

| gravity ; 03 |

School just ended and it just means one thing – summer.

Okay, what are my plans for summer? Read, eat, sleep?

I think I already told you that I would just spend my whole summer vacation on reading and advance studying for Astronomy and that is exactly what I am going to do. Call me boring but atleast this wouldn't go to waste.

"Kiera?" I heard mom call from downstairs. She's home!

She wasn't here when I got home about four hours earlier. She left note telling me she somewhere.

I immediately ran down the stairs and head to the kitchen where I assumed mom was.

"Mom?" I called. She wasn't in the kitchen.

"Here, honey." she replied. Her voice came from our backyard.

"Where have you been?" I asked as I sat beside her on the bench.

"Coffee," she answered, raising a cup from a local café. "Here, I brought you latté."

"Thanks," I took the still-warm coffee from her hands. "Umm, why did you buy coffee? We still have coffee, right?"

"Yes, we do but a friend called," she explained and I nodded, telling her to continue. "You remember Joy?"

I shook my head no.

"He has a daughter and son named Mali and Calum. Does it ring a bell?"

I thought of any Mali's or Calum's that I've heard before. "Oh yeah! Calum. He goes to the same school as I do. I don't have any classes with him so maybe that's why I sort of forgot him."

"Thank goodness you remember him." she let out a long sigh. "So, earlier this morning, Joy called and she invited me over for coffee. You know that café about eight blocks away from here?"

I nodded.

"Well, they own it now." she continued. "The old owner gave it to Joy since they were neighbors for a really long time and yadda yadda yadda."

My mom is obviously already tired of telling the story. I think she hasn't even reached the point yet.

"Now, some of the old workers are Peter's -the old owner- relative so they quitted the job. Mali and Calum replaced the lost positions but since Mali's leaving for New York soon, Joy needs someone to replace her. And-"

"Let me guess, you suggested that I'll replace Mali. Am I right or am I right?" I took a sip of my coffee.

"Thank goodness I have a smart child." she clapped. "So, are you gonna accept my suggestion?"

I pondered on her question a bit longer. I mean, I would have pros and cons. The advantage is that this could be an experience I never thought of but I already thought of doing advance research for college.

"Okay, I'll work there but only if I like it." I answered. "I'll try it out for a few days, maybe a whole week but if I have a bad experience, I'll stop. Deal?"

"Of course!" she stood up and gave me pat on the head. "Thank you, honey."

She went back inside, probably going to prepare for dinner, and I was left alone. It was starting to get dark.

"Beep beep!" a male voice shouted. I turned to see who it was.

It was already too dark to see but I could tell that he was riding a bike. After a few minutes of just standing there, the silhoutte started riding towards our back yard.

"Hello?" I called out but he didn't answer.

"Hi," he finally spoke.

"Umm, how may I help you?" I asked.

"You're Kiera, right?" the boy asked. He's, I think, also the same age as I am.

"Yeah, why?" I gave him a confused look.

"I'm Calum." he got off the bike and walked closer, allowing more light on his face.

"Oh yeah, Calum. I'll be working on your café, maybe starting this week." I smiled.

"Yeah, I've already heard about that?" Heard? I just accepted the offer. Way to go, mom.

"Uhh, so," I stood there awkwardly. "How may I help you?"

"I'm actually about to go to a friend's house but then I noticed the light on your house then I remembered it was your house then I came here then now, I'm talking to you now." he answered with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"That's a lot of then's." I laughed. "Well if that's the case, goodbye and continue your adventure to your mate's flat."

"Aye aye, captain." he saluted and got on his bike again. "Bye, Kier."

I scoffed at the mention of Alice's nickname for me. Is the last letter of my name really that hard to say? Kier-a.

I went back inside and the sweet scent of apple pie welcomed me. I saw my mom getting plates from the cupboard.

"We're having apple pie for dessert." my mother informed, stating the obvious.

"I know. I can smell it." I smiled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

so this was a bit short but a new character was added to the story

calum, the coffee guy lol

okay, so i'll probably update the same day next week so you'll get an update every tuesdays (or wednesdays on some other places idk) unless i get really excited and do a double update lol

that's it for now c: