𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘹 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭

× Kiera ×

"Transform the following into logarithmic equations and evaluate," I read my homework to myself.

On the first day of school, we had Logarithms for maths and look! a homework. How fun.

I was about to start on the third question when Aleisha barged in, singing some unfamiliar song.

"Oh, hi, Kiera," she grinned and went to her side of the room.

I just smiled in return and continued to answer.

"Kier?" she called and I mentally cringed at the nickname. "I'm going out with a friend, would you like to join us? Seems like you never leave this room."

I pondered about it for a while before agreeing. I also need a break from logarithms.

"Where are we exactly going? I feel like I'm improperly dressed." I folded my flannel sleeve.

"Oh shush, you look great," she swatted my hands.

"Who is this friend?" I asked, not wanting to have a really awkward walk with her. "Have I met her?"

"Him," she answered in monotone.

"What?"

"He's a guy," she smiled. "And yeah, you've met."

"Okay," I trailed, not really catching what she meant.

"Oh, look, he's here," she ran towards a guy who was wearing a beanie, a blue flannel, and some ripped skinny jeans.

Luke. Seriously, Luke? Seriously?

•°•°•°

"So, uh, how did you two meet?" I asked while playing with the hem of my shirt.

"We were neighbours since second grade," Aleisha answered.

We've been sitting here for thirty minutes or so and Luke still hasn't talked. Nor smiled. I wonder what's wrong. He always seems to be happy and chirpy but it feels like he isn't really in the mood to see me right now.

Oh, what are you talking about, Kiera? He really doesn't want to see you. He probably likes Aleisha and you ruined their date.

What are you talking about, conscience? Of course he doesn't like me. I mean, they've been neighbours since second grade. And yeah, I probably ruined their date.

"Leish?" I whispered to Aleisha who was sitting across me and beside Luke.

"Yeah?"

"I think I need to go now," I continued whispering. "I-uh, I need to finish my homework."

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I trailed.

"Do you want me to walk back with you?"

"Uh, no, thanks," I smiled and quickly ran out of the door.

Way to be a third wheel and a date ruiner, Kiera.

I know, I know.

•°•°•°

× Luke ×

I adjusted my beanie before standing up.

I'm currently at 7-11 with Aleisha right now and was also with Kiera a few minutes ago.

Why did she leave so early?

You stupid douchebag, she doesn't want to see you.

I sighed and walked towards Aleisha who was currently getting herself a hotdog.

"Leish?" I tapped her om the shoulder. "I need to go now."

She frowned but quickly hid it with a small smile. "Oh, uh, okay,"

"I promise we'll spend more time sooner. I just have to sort out some things," I answered before giving her a quick kiss in the forehead.

And when I say 'sort out some things' I mean, talk to Kiera. Though, I feel really bad for leaving Aleisha.

•°•°•°

I knocked a couple of times on Kiera's door but no one had opened it nor yell that I need to wait a couple of minutes.

I sighed and turned around, unlocking my own room's door.

If you sort of didn't catch, I have a fucking crush on Kiera. Yes, a crush. It sounds really middle schooler of me but yeah, I have a crush.

I can't say that I like her because I know that I like Aleisha. Ever since, I have liked Aleisha but Kiera made me feel something new.

I need to talk to her, at least. Maybe this is just curiosity. Maybe this isn't a crush.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

wey hey for luke's pov

i feel bad for leish tho haha

[wait, no one reads this wow]