𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘹 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳

| gravity ; 05 |

It's been a week since my first day of work. It's really fun, I might add. I told mom that I like my job and she was all jumpy and happy. I've also talked to Joy and saw Mali once since she already left for the US.

But, I've never opened a textbook this week yet. Everytime I went home, I feel so tired after a long work day and I couldn't get myself to read anything.

"Kiera?" my mom knocked on my door.

"It's open,"

"Hi, honey," she sat with me on my bed. "How's work? Is Calum nice? Have you met Joy? Is-"

"Mom," I chuckled. "Work's fine, just tiring. Yes, Calum is nice and I have met Joy, she's really nice."

"Just tell me when something goes wrong, okay?" she asked and I nodded. "By the way, I was planning on inviting the Hoods over for dinner. What d'you think?"

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged.

"I'll call Joy," she stood up. "Thank you, honey."

I just smiled and she left. I don't really care if she invites the whole neighbourhood for barbeque. As long as there's food, I'm in.

I stood up, grabbed my laptop from my study table, and jumped down on my bed again. I am so going to have a movie night tonight.

Before I opened Netflix, I decided to look if there are any unread e-mails. Apparently, there's a hell lot of them.

From: anonymousbitch@gmail.com

Re: bitch

you think you're smart because you got in SCSS? well, think again, bitch. you're not. i know you faked your exam results.

Okay, so wow. Am I that smart that I have haters? I would totally do an evil laugh right now but that would scare the neighbours.

I opened some e-mails, which was mainly composed of spam mails and shameless advertisements. I was on the verge of logging out when I noticed an unread e-mail from SCSS.

Of course, I squealed.

From: sydneyspacesciences@scss.com

Re: Orientation

Good day! We are here to inform you about the upcoming university orientation on 3 August 2014. Attendance is a must especially to those who were given 4-year scholarships.

We hope to see you soon!

Ohmy-fucking-goodness. Here I am, squealing like a fangirl. Can't this day get any better? I'm just going to relax, have a movie marathon, and enjoy the rest of my perfect day.

- -

After 4 movies, my mom barged in my room with a huge smile plastered on her face which was immediately replaced by a shocked one.

"Why aren't you dressed up? The Hoods will be here in thirty!" she walked towards my dresser, rummaging through all my clothes.

"I had a movie marathon and I didn't notice the time." I answered, laughing at my mother's actions. "Mom,"

"What?" she asked, still looking for the right thing for me to wear.

"Stop that." I pried her hands away from my clothes, laughing. "I'll be ready before you know it."

"And oh, wear a dress." she instructed, leaving me alone in my room again.

"Okay," I clapped, talking to myself. "What should I wear?"