Gambit- I'm back

Mutation: None 😇

     You flopped face-first on your bed. It had been another tiring day at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Teaching a mutant-filled class while you were not was, quite frankly, exasperating. By god, you loved those kids, but aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

     A small knock at your door sounded and you sighed. "Who is it?"

     "Just me, Chère." Gambit's muffled voice came through the door. Suddenly energized, you practically bounced to the door. Opening it, you pulled him in, shut the door, and proceeded to squeeze his torso tightly. "Oof. I can't breathe, petite." He chuckled as he picked you up, spinning you.

     Finally pulling away, you puzzled. "I thought you said you were going to be on that mission for three months! Don't tell me something happened!" You started checking for bandages anywhere, suddenly very worried.

     He gently held down your hands. "I'm fine. Nothin' happened. We got done early, so I came to see you early. How's d' school treating ya?"

     With a loud groan in answer, he laughed, looking down at you. "I take it they've treated you well." He quirked a playful eyebrow. You smiled, nuzzling your face in his neck. "At least your family ain't after you no more. It'd be a shame if they'd gotten you."

     You groaned and laughed at the same time, "I don't wanna hear it. These kids are going to be the death of me." You said melodramatically. "Besides, I want to hear about your mission."

     Gambit sighed. "Fine. Go to lunch with me?"

     "Lunch is almost over and I have classes to teach!" You started before he put a finger over your lips.

     After being quiet for a minute, he said, "Not anymore, Chère."

     "You talked to Xavier,didn't you?"

     "It don't matter how it happened. Just matters I get you all to myself." You rolled your eyes, but smiled. "What? You don't like my strategy?"