25

song for chapter: fly by nicki minaj and rihanna
{ me against enemies, me against friends }

JUNE
[ ETHAN'S POV ]

My finger tips twisted my spoon letting it flop around in my cereal.

Life is such a bore without her.

We always did adventurous things and had the times of our lives.

Now without her, I've just been watching TV and going out on runs all the time.

"You okay?" Kelsey laughed lightly at my emotionless face.

I snapped back into reality seeing everyone at the table was looking at me now.

Grayson, Jeff, Kelsey, Taylor and Mason; all eyes on me.

I cleared my throat while stretching out the tensed muscles in my back, "Yeah."

"Shut up." Grayson squinted his eyes while putting his fork down onto his plate and putting his full attention onto me.

"Huh?" I questioned his sudden snap.

"For the past two weeks you've been mute. What the hell is going on?" Taylor chimed in.

My tongue licked the corner of my lips as I stared down to the table. "Ally. She was supposed to come back this month."

Silence filled the room as all of their eyes traveled to each other unsure of what to say.

"Has she not texted you?" Jeff asked concerned.

I shook my head lightly feeling my heart drop.

"Maybe she hasn't gotten her phone back." Mason said trying to lighten the situation.

"Yeah, maybe." My teeth bit onto my bottom lip.

"No," taylor spoke making all of us look at her. "She texted me last week." She spoke, then immediately regretting it. Guilt filled through her face.

My eyes widened as I stared down to the table staying quiet.

"Well, what did she say?" Grayson leaned his head to look at Taylor.

Thoughts started consuming my head making my body overwhelmed. She didn't text me?

Taylor licked her lips nervously, "she just asked me how I have been doing. Every time I asked about her she never really answered my questions."

Her voice lowered fearing to hurt my feelings. "She just told me about the friends she's made and that they are all really close."

I could feel everyone's attention turn onto me, but my eyes stayed on the table.

The air in my throat began to feel like it was paper thin; hard to breathe.

In this situation, I couldn't help but overthink.

Why wouldn't she text me? She made new friends and they are all really close apparently. How close?

My entire body went weak to the bone; saddened. Being apart from me for so long, what if she moved on?

Maybe that's why she didn't care to call me.

"Ethan." Kelsey's hand grabbed onto mine causing my whole body to overwhelm.

I pushed my chair out making my body stand up. "I need air." I mumbled walking away from them.

I walked upstairs to my room slamming the door. My hand grabbed for the handle opening the door to the balcony.