not again

I took a deep breath as I unlocked the door to Colby's house. He wasn't feeling well and was staying at his house in Iowa so I decided to drop by and take care of him. I bought him all of his favorite food and movies and got our favorite blankets and pillows from my house.

"Colby! Guess who!"

I called as I shut the door behind me and walked to his bedroom. I opened the door to his bedroom to see him kissing another girl. I dropped everything to the floor as Colby noticed me.

"Again? Are you kidding me?"

I asked him with tears in my eyes.

"Pamela, I'm so sorry."

Colby said. I picked up the blankets and pillows and turned around. Colby yelled my name as he chased after me but I just kept walking. My heart felt so damn heavy. I honestly saw myself with Colby for forever. I saw a future with him. I saw myself getting married to him and having kids with him. But I guess that wasn't meant to be.

I got to my car and quickly pulled out of Colby's driveway. I drove as fast as I could to the airport with tears in my eyes. I can't believe I dropped one of my best friends for Colby. Fergal...oh Fergal. I fucked up with him. I grabbed my phone and dialed Fergal's number.

No answer.

The fact that Fergal didn't answer just made me sob harder. I really did lose one of the most important people in my life. I dialed Mercades' number as I wiped my tears.

"Pam? What's wrong?"

Mercades asked.

"Mercy...I messed up."

I said.

"What happened?"

"I caught Colby cheating again."

"That little...bitch!"

Mercades said angrily. I knew Mercades would be the one person to kill Colby if he ever hurt me.

"I'm heartbroken Mercy. And I ruined my relationship with Fergal. I lost the two most important guys in my life."

I said as tears poured down my face again.

"Don't worry. You get your ass back to Orlando and I'm going to get you through this. Just us girls."

"Okay. I'll see you soon Mercy."

I said with a smile as I hung up. Maybe I just didn't need any guys in my life. I just needed my best friend.