second thoughts

I groaned as I tossed and turned in the hospital bed.

"How ya doing?"

Leah asked as she walked into the room. I only wanted Leah and Mercades with me since I'm closest to them. They've been here for Kaileah and I more then Kaileah's dad ever will be.

"I forgot how much this hurts. I just wish Fergal was here. Gosh, maybe having this baby after he left was a bad choice."

I said as I started crying.

"What do you mean?"

Leah asked me.

"I can't give Kai the life she deserves. She deserves a Mom and a Dad that truly loves her and Fergal couldn't care less about her. I'm
The only parent that loves her. Her Dad doesn't even claim her. She doesn't deserve that. She deserves love and I don't know if I could give her all the love she deserves."

I sobbed.

"Pam, Kai is going to love her Mommy. She doesn't need a Dad in her life to be happy. You've done it with Brinley and Kieran and you're going to be the best single mom ever."

Mercades said as she hugged me. I'm just terrified that I'm gonna mess up like I did with Brinley and Kieran.

"I just don't want to screw up like I did with Brinley and Kieran."

I said as I wiped my tears away.

"You won't. You're gonna be the best
Mom ever."

Leah said as I smiled.

+

"She's so beautiful."

Leah said with a smile as the doctor put Kaileah on my chest.

"Hello Kaileah. I love you so much."

I said with a smile as I kissed her forehead. She's the splitting image of Fergal. She looks identical to him.

"I'm gonna be the best Mom I can for you. I'll never leave you Kai. I love you."

I said with a smile. Even if Fergal isn't in the picture, I'm always gonna make sure Kai knows she's loved.