never again

1 Month Later

I sighed as Fergal sat next to me on the couch.  The last month has been a living hell for Fergal and I. The police found Brinley's body but we had to actually go to the morgue and identify our little girl's body. That was the most terrifying, traumatizing, sickening experience I've ever been through in my life.

Fergal and I got our tattoos updated to have Brinley's death date on it. It didn't feel right to have Kieran's on our body but not Brinley's. So we finally got it done. It brought a little bit of closure but we're still hurting.

"I love you so much."

Fergal said as he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too."

I said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Fergal asked.

"Sure."

"How would you feel about more kids in the future? Like after we get married?"

Fergal asked me. I looked at him in astonishment.

"How could you even suggest that? How could we bring kids into this world with Cathy running around? It's not fair to Brinley and Kieran. They didn't deserve the pain they got and don't deserve to be replaced. I don't think I can ever have kids again."

I said as tears fell down my face.

"It's gonna be okay baby. They're gonna find Cathy and she'll get what she deserves. I promise. And I respect your choice. Let's just focus on us for right now."

Fergal said as I nodded.

"Okay. I'm so glad I have you. I love you."

I said as I kissed him.

"I love you too."

Fergal said. If I didn't have Fergal then I don't think I'd be able to survive this time.