Chapter Eleven: The Almost Kiss

Walking into the training session that morning, Isabelle tried to shake the feelings for Cristiano that had begun to grow inside of her, the last few days since the live show; she couldn't allow herself to fall for him.

The pair were currently preparing for that Friday’s show where they would be doing a Slow Waltz to Norah Jones’s ‘come away with me’.

The pair had been working on their chemistry for the dance, but it only made the feelings that Isabelle had for the Portuguese strengthen; she had never felt like this about anyone before.

The red head sighed as she licked her lips and set down her bag, she ran a hand through her hair as she tried to clear her thoughts before Cristiano arrived.

However she didn't have long before he walked into their dance studio.

“Buenos Días,” the Portuguese greeted as he flashed her, a small smile; Isabelle paused as she swallowed as she turned to greet him. She knew it was wrong and that he had a girlfriend but she couldn't help but feel her heart flutter when she looked at him.

“Buenos Días… congrats on your game last night,” Isabelle said making Cristiano smile as he looked at her, he was pleased that she had watched his game the night before; he hadn’t been able to stop thinking about her while he played.

“Obrigado I’m glad that you watched,” the Portuguese said making Isabelle blush as she turned her attention back to the stereo as Cristiano approached her; it had been a while since he’d had to play a cat and mouse game like this.

“I wasn’t watching because you were playing, my Padre and cuñado are big Real Madrid fans,” Isabelle rambled making Cristiano frown slightly; he didn't know what it was but he was slightly disappointed that she hadn’t watched the match because he was playing.

Isabelle watched him as he did a couple of stretches; she licked her lips as she cleared her throat, she felt guilty that she had upset him.

The red head pocketed the remote for the stereo and approached him, she smiled as they moved into their starting positions as she pressed play on the remote and the song filled the room.

The two of them glided around the dance floor, Isabelle tried to ignore how close she was to Cristiano as they danced.

***

Isabelle wiped her sweaty hands on her grey sweat pants; she couldn't believe that she had managed to make it through the rehearsal without embarrassing herself, she wanted nothing more than to lean up and kiss him and she knew that she shouldn’t.

Cristiano raised an eyebrow at Isabelle as she cleared her throat and tidied her red hair back into bun so it was out of her brown eyes; he could sense that she had picked up on their heated tension.

“You okay?” he asked as he approached Isabelle, he wanted nothing more than to see what it would be like to kiss her; it didn't matter to him that his girlfriend was waiting for him at home.

“I’m fine just having a bit of an off day, better today than when we have the live show,” Isabelle said lightly as she tried to ignore all the feeling that he created inside of her.

Cristiano stopped next to her as he waited for her to look at him; the red head flashed him a small smile before she tried to move away from him.

“Why do you keep doing that?” Cristiano asked as he reached out and stopped her from walking away from him; he watched Isabelle shift nervously as she looked at him.

The red head swallowed as her eyes locked with Cristiano’s, she had a feeling that he knew what she had been feeling the last few days.

“Because we shouldn’t,” Isabelle said as Cristiano drew her close to him, the Portuguese hadn’t felt anything like this since he had lost Penny; something that seemed to make him want more from Isabelle.

Dipping his head low, Cristiano brushed his lips against hers as he cupped her face however just before he could kiss her; Isabelle pulled away and shook her head.

“I can’t do this Cristiano… you have a girlfriend and we have to work with each other nearly every day,” Isabelle said shaking her head in disbelief as something inside of her begged her to let him kiss her.

The red head quickly moved to pick up her coat and bag; she couldn't remain in the dance studio with Cristiano in fear of what she might do.

The Portuguese cursed as he realised that she was going to flee, he didn't want her to resign as his partner and knew that he had to do something quickly.

“I’m sorry… I just thought… I am such an idiot,” Cristiano said as he stood in front of the door stopping Isabelle from leaving, the red head looked at him confused as he tried to think of ways to make her stay.

The Portuguese was at a complete loss, usually when he tried something like that, women threw themselves at him; but Isabelle was fleeing instead.

“It’s okay… but we can’t. I value my job and career and I won’t throw myself at your feet like the others do,” Isabelle said making Cristiano nod, he could feel their chemistry and wanted nothing more to act on it; something he knew that he’d have to work for.