Chapter Twenty-One: Family Dinner

Isabelle bit back a moan as Cristiano kissed down her neck, his arms wrapped around her waist holding her in place against his chest as they made out.

“We have to get ready… we’re having dinner with my parents tonight,” Isabelle gasped as she felt Cristiano bit down on her neck before he sucked on it, she knew what he was attempting to do.

Ever since their parents had discovered they were dating, the two of them had been a little too relaxed about their relationship and the media was starting to notice that something was going on between the two of them.

“Why don’t we skip the dinner,” Cristiano said as he nipped at the base of Isabelle’s neck making her bit her lip as she looked at him, she was slightly tempted at his offer but she knew that her mother wanted to get to know her boyfriend.

“You know we can’t,” Isabelle said as she pulled away from him, Cristiano sighed as he nodded his head before he moved to check on his son; Isabelle sighed as she watched him.

The red head moved to wrap her arms around her boyfriend and rested against his back, she licked her lips as she kissed the back of his neck.

“You could always join me in the shower,” Isabelle said making Cristiano turn back to her and grin.

The red head rolled her brown eyes as she took his hand before leading him from the living room and towards her bathroom; Cristiano pulled her to him and smirked before he lowered his lips to hers.

***

Cristiano couldn't keep his hands off of Isabelle as she climbed out of the car; he smirked as he trailed his hands along the green hybrid dress in fluro lace with frill sleeve that she had paired with black high heels.

“Behave,” Isabelle said making Cristiano chuckle as he moved to collect his son from his car seat, he couldn't see how he had fallen for Irina when he now had Isabelle; she was everything that he had ever wanted.

The red head was the perfect person for him and he didn't know what he would have done if he had never entered Más que baile and met her.

“Remind me to thank Jorge later,” Cristiano said making Isabelle pause as she knocked on her parents’ front door, she licked her lips as she looked at him confused; but Cristiano shook his head as her mother opened the door and greeted them.

“Hola,” Gabriella said cheerfully as she moved to hug Isabelle before she turned her attention to Cristiano and his son; she cooed at the sight of the little boy making Isabelle rolled her eyes.

“Auntie Belle,” Dylan and Lorenzo shouted as they rushed to greet their aunt; Cristiano perked slightly at the name that they had called her, he liked that he was the only one to call her Isa.

“Alright boys, go and wash up,” Gabriella said as she ushered the boys away before she moved back to the kitchen. Isabelle rolled her eyes as she picked up on her sister and her husband bickering, she had a feeling that she knew what that was about.

“You can put him down,” Isabelle said as she looked at her boyfriend, who was still holding his son close; he nodded his head nervously, he had never done this before and wasn’t sure what to expect by having dinner with Isabelle’s parents.

“I’ve never done this before,” Cristiano said as he set Junior on the floor, the little boy looked at his father then he smiled up at Isabelle; it was clear that he was taken with the red head that had wormed her way into his father’s heart.

Isabelle furrowed her brow as she looked at her boyfriend confused.

“I’ve never done the meeting the parents thing… even with Penny,” he admitted making Isabelle stare at him a little stunned; he rarely spoke about his ex-girlfriend and she knew that it hurt him to do so.

Cristiano flashed her, a smile before Adrianna appeared looking annoyed followed by Stefan, who looked like he wanted to scream until he saw Cristiano.

Adrianna rolled her eyes annoyed as she smiled at her sister before heading into the kitche.

“Ronaldo… if you’re gonna to be dating a woman from this family, I’m getting you some earplugs because the Swanson women, if they’re not nagging someone they die,” Stefan said annoyed making Isabelle raise an eyebrow at him amused.

“Oh, you’re in so much trouble when I tell my sister,” Isabelle teased just as her older sister walked back into the hallway with their sons; Adrianna paused making Isabelle fight back a smile as Stefan paled.

“Tell me what?” the brunette asked as she looked at her husband annoyed, Isabelle linked her fingers with Cristiano’s before she led him and Junior away from the brewing argument between her sister and brother-in-law.

The Portuguese raised an eyebrow at his girlfriend, who flashed him a smile as she looked back at him.

***

“So how have rehearsals been?” Charles asked as he looked at his middle daughter, he knew how much this meant to Isabelle and he was glad that she was happy.

Cristiano swallowed as he thought about the last few days of training for their Salsa for that weekend, he didn't think he was doing that well no matter what Isabelle said.

“It’s going well, we should do fine on Friday,” Isabelle said making the Portuguese look at her, it was clear that he didn't agree with her statement.

Cristiano licked his lips as he glanced at his son, he didn't know what he was going to do when the show finished; Isabelle would be busy and he didn't want to lose her.

“Salsa is a hard dance… you’ll be fine, it’s one of Isabelle’s favourite dances,” Gabriella said reassuring the footballer, who swallowed as he looked at his girlfriend; this made him even more nervous than before.

Stefan rolled his eyes as Adrianna turned her attention to Layla and asked her about school, it was clear that she was still mad at him and there wasn’t any chance of that changing anytime soon.

“So Cristiano what are you going to do now that the season is over?” Charles asked as he attempted to turn the attention away from Adrianna and Stefan, who looked prepared for another screaming match.

Cristiano licked his lips as he glanced at Isabelle, there was only five weeks left of Más que baile and the Portuguese didn't want to think about losing his girlfriend so soon.

“I was thinking of taking a small holiday once the show is finished before the new season starts,” Cristiano said making Charles nod as Isabelle stilled for a moment, she glanced at her boyfriend; who rested a hand on her thigh in comfort.

The red head swallowed as looked at Cristiano, who didn't even seem to notice the look that his girlfriend was given him about his hand.

Gabriella grinned as she looked between her daughter and the footballer, she was pleased to see that Isabelle was happy; it wasn’t something that she expected to see after what Damien had done to her.

“How are you coping with the paparazzi? They seem to think something is going on between the two of you,” Gabriella said as she turned to look at her husband, he licked his lips as he looked at his daughter and her boyfriend; it was clear that neither of them were ready for the world to know.

###

Author's Note:

Quote is from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.