Chapter Twenty: Asi se Baila el Tango

Isabelle grinned as she stepped out of her dressing room; she was wearing short purple dress and black heels and was prepared for her Argentine Tango with Cristiano; he had done well in rehearsals and now they had to get through the live show.

Isabelle paused as she saw her mother grinning at her, before she cleared her throat.

“Madre… what are you doing here?” Isabelle asked as she moved to hug her mother, she flashed her father a smile as her mother grinned at her.

“We are here to watch you dance, I bumped into Dolores before, she’s here to watch Cristiano; we were thinking of another group dinner after the show,” Gabriella said making Isabelle nod as she tried to process what was happening.

The red head knew that there was no way that she would be able to hide the fact that she was secretly dating Cristiano from her parents; Gabriella knew her daughter to well and one look at the two of them would reveal the truth when they went for that meal.

“That sounds great, I better get ready for the show,” Isabelle said making her mother nod before she kissed her daughter’s cheek, the red head smiled before she headed off in search of Cristiano.

Isabelle smiled as she spotted Cristiano waiting for her; she could tell he had heard about their mothers’ plans to meet up for dinner after the live show.

***

Stepping out onto the dance floor for their argentine tango, Isabelle smirked as she moved into her starting position with Cristiano standing behind her; they had this down and there was no way for them to mess this up.

They were dancing to Asi se Baila el Tango from Take the Lead, as the music the Portuguese turned Isabelle’s head to face him before he dropped to his knee; Isabelle stepped around him before she did a twirl and bent back over Cristiano’s knee as she lifted a leg straight into the air.

Getting back to her feet, Isabelle gave Cristiano her hand allowing him to twirl her as he wrapped his arm around her waist as they stared at one another, their faces so close that they were almost touching.

Moving into the hold, Isabelle moved her legs with ease before Cristiano twirled her again and they moved down the steps of the stage; Cristiano lifted the red head’s leg so that it was by his hip as he dragged her other leg along the floor as they moved.

Cristiano lifted Isabelle and they twirled before moving into hold as they started to move flawlessly around the ballroom floor; Isabelle brushed a hand across the Portuguese’s face, she quirked her lips slightly as he dipped her backwards and trailed a hand from her hip down her exposed thigh.

Turning Isabelle lowered herself to the floor along Cristiano to do another twirl as she expanded her leg away from her before she moved to stand again before she pushed away from Cristiano and turned her back on him.

The footballer pressed himself against her back as Isabelle did some flawless footwork before Cristiano moved away from her taking her hand as he did so; Isabelle let go and did two twists before she slide her leg between Cristiano’s parted feet.

Shimming up his body to stand again, the red head allowed Cristiano to roughly turn her to face him again; the two of them moving in harmony as they continued to dance.

Moving back into hold, the couple moved in circle before Isabelle trailed a leg up Cristiano’s before doing some more footwork; the Portuguese lifted the red head with ease so that her legs on either side of his hips before he dipped her backward.

Lowering Isabelle back to the floor, Cristiano took her hand as she danced around him, before they moved back into hold and the red head trailed her foot in a circular figure.

Cristiano pulled her flush against his body, before Isabelle pulled away from him and then did another a twirl then Cristiano lifted her up and did two turns then lowered Isabelle to the ground; she stretched her foot out and lowered the ground to the floor again.

Cristiano tilted her head up to look at him before Isabelle slowly got to her feet, their lips so close that they could kiss; the cheers from the ground brought them out of their moment as Isabelle hugged the footballer then they headed over to Pilar, who was now on the dance floor.

“It had authority, dominance, command, control… it was filth and I loved it,” Boris said making the crowd cheer as Isabelle felt Cristiano wrap an arm around her waist; she did the same as she leant back into his touch.

“I do understand Boris and I do understand the audience, it was a very, very clever routine… but for me, where was the intensity of it, the steps were great… but I felt like the steps were all placed, technical and neat,” Víctor said making the audience boo and the other judges look outraged; Isabelle squeezed Cristiano, knowing that he’d take this to heart.

“It was intense, strong, sexy, passionate, incredibly controlled, if I didn't know any better then I’d say you were dating,” Aída said making the couple still as they realised that their secret was so close to be exposed in their routine.

Isabelle swallowed as she glanced at Cristiano, she wouldn’t have been the first professional to get involved with their contestant.

“I’ll tell you what it was, it was strong, manly… with a mean streak which was exactly what the Argentine Tango is about and I don’t Lionel Messi himself could have done better,” Santi said making Cristiano grin at the mention of his biggest football rival.

Cristiano flexed his hold on Isabelle before Pilar dismissed them to head to the lounge to get there results.

Isabelle hugged Cristiano as they stepped into the lounge; she knew that he was a little disappointed with the routine but she was proud of him.

Pilar called their attention to the judges who had their results for the argentine tango.

“Nine,”

“Eight,”

“Ten,”

“Ten,”

were announced making the audience clap while Isabelle and Cristiano took a seat in the lounge were they would be until the voting had finished.

***

Dinner after the show was filled with talk about the show, Isabelle grinned as she listened to her mother talk excitedly about the couple’s next dance, the Salsa.

Cristiano sipped his water as he watched his mother talk with Isabelle; he knew that when he revealed that he was dating Isabelle, that Dolores would be thrilled.

Gabriella grinned as she looked between her middle daughter and the footballer, she couldn't believe that she hadn’t noticed this before.

“So how long have you two been together?” Gabriella asked as she popped some bread into her mouth, her husband choked on his food while Isabelle nearly spat out her water.

Cristiano patted his girlfriend on the back as he stared at the brunette across from him, he couldn't believe that she had figured it out; Dolores looked confused before she squealed in excitement as she noticed the look on her son’s face.

“I knew it,” Dolores said making her boyfriend chuckle, this was something that the two mother’s had talked about during the show and now it was out.

###

Author's Note: 

Check out the video to see the dance x