Fighting the Waves ~ Chapter 4

"Logan Diana Hale, where the hell are you? I've called you ten times! I've been worried sick! I went to the beach and none of you were there, I was just about to call the police!"

"I'm so sorry, Daddy! My phone was dying earlier so I turned it off while I was surfing and forgot to call you when I got to the hospital, I-"

"You're at the hospital?!? Are you okay? Are your friends alright? What's going on, Logan?"

I sighed, "I'm fine, Dad. So is everyone else. It's nothing. I just found someone drowning earlier and he was hurt so I took him to the hospital."

"Oh, well you should have called me, Lo. You scared the crap out of me and your siblings... "

"Sorry, Dad."

"Well by the sounds of it, you saved someone's life today so I'm proud of you, Logan. No one should have to go through the pain of hearing someone they loved drowned." He said, choking up a bit. I heard him clear his throat, "When will you be home?"

"Uh, well I offered to drive him home because it felt like the right thing to do, so right now he's just filling out some paper work and then we'll leave.

"Try not to take to long, okay? I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Dad. I love you."

"I love you too, Pumpkin."

"Bye." I said as Cole walked into the room. I hung up the phone and asked Cole if he was ready to go.

"Yup! All set. But you know, having a sprained wrist and using crutches is pretty painful so I was wondering if you could help a guy out?"

"How?"

"Let me lean on you?" he asked, using those irresistible puppy-dog eyes.

"Uhgg, fine. But only because you almost died today."

"Yay!" he exclaimed. If he weren't on crutches he probably would've jumped up and down and clapped. I laughed.

"Are you, like gay or something?" (A.N. No offence to gays!)

"Nah, if I were gay, I would've asked that dreamy male nurse that stitched up my head to help me out."

I laughed. Hard. "You soo aren't helping your case here." I said still snickering.

"Oh and how can I help it?"

"I don't know, say something un-gay?"

"Liiike, I really want to kiss you right now?" he said in a husky voice that made me want to melt like a stick of butter in the microwave.

After about a minute or two he asked, "Are you just going to stand there with your jaw on the floor or are you going to say something?"

I shook my head, "I... Uh... Um, sure."

"Sure that'd help my case or 'Sure, Cole I'd love it if you kissed me!'" he said in a bad imitation of voice.

Coming back to my senses, I scoffed. "The former, of course."

"Right." He smirked.

"Uh-huh. So, uh, let's get out of here." I said rocking back and forth on my heels.

"Great." he said and I picked up my stuff and headed for the door.

"Hey, Logie! You forgetting something?"

"Um, no?"

"Didn't you agree to help me to the car?" he said, smirking.

"Oh, right." I sighed, slightly flustered. I turned around walked over to him. He put his right arm-the one with the wrapped wrist- around my shoulders as I took his right crutch. He leaned against me and sort of used me as his crutch but I could tell he was trying to put more of his weight on his left crutch rather than on me. When we started walking, he sort of hopped along side me.

Like this, Cole and I slowly made it out of the waiting room, through the hospital and out to my car. I help him climb into the passenger seat, shut the door and then hopped in on the driver's side.

I pulled out of the parking garage and asked, "Okay, so where do you live?"

 Okay, so this chapter is pretty short. Sorry about that!

Comment,Vote&Fann if you like it!<33