Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Meyro

I stared at the grey tombstone in a cave by the road. Fadom's name was carefully carved into the stone and the words under it, ' He shall continue his adventure along the generals.'

I spent almost three hours at the grave now, sitting on a stone block opposite to it, remorsing. I reflected back upon the time we spent training together, having a laugh and the times he used to come for me when I was in trouble... It was sad. And I'm not saying I stayed there like a pole staring at it, no, I smiled and laughed recalling the times we spent together to the grave. But I did cry as well, it would be a sin not to. But I knew he would want me to stay strong.

So after another hour I finally stood up and said my goodbye, leaving the iron helmet and sword atop the grave. It should remind others of how great of a warrior he was, though I didn't take a bow with me, this should do.

I walked on,a little bit off the gravel road that led south-east, the road to the Kingdom of Jarrstone. This is where I'm supposed to meet the skeleton King.

I have met many travellers on the road, most of them were mobs with huge backpacks though, I was really surprised to see zombies carry twice their weight.

A lot of them had already heard about me, and laughed, as most stories where told from my training that never finished. It did anger me, but I shrugged it off, can't be like the other Brines were. Or am I like them already?

I shook my head. How stupid to think that. Of course not, I'm only a human after all, right?

Every morning I stopped for camp in one of the caves that I foud nearby. I had to constantly change the bandage. To be honest I still have no idea how I'm alive with the amount of blood I lose every day. I am weaker, that I do agree with, but not weak enough to faint or anything. Or maybe it's because I'm running out of food... Either way, I need to get there faster, maybe on horseback. But where will I find another village? I'm sure that maybe mobs would have some kind of village nearby or something, but them keeping a horse would be very unlikely.

Thoughts kept racing through my head as I walked on, I didn't even realise I walked right by a sign.

- Hey!- a voice called from the direction of the road.

I returned to reality and stopped in my tracks. - Yeah?- I said without turning my head to the male voice.

- You've trespassed the border to Meyro! Show some kind of identification if you want to keep going.-

Shoot. Meyro... That was the country that the kingdom was in. Farrel said that in the letter I recieved.

If this is a human, he'll call for backup, if a mob then I'm fine, but should I look or not?

- Excuse me! Some identification please!-

I stood all stiff then sighed and looked up at the guy.

He went pale, if can says that endermen go pale. I stared straight at its eyes. Endermen.... Wait. They are under the Ender Dragon's command. Well.... Awesome.

- Um, hi.- I managed to say.

- H-Herobrine?- he stuttered out.

- Can I just, uhh, go? I'm in a hurry.- I asked keeping my cool, I still wasn't sure if he was going to attack me or not, I couldn't read his expression.

He snapped out of his trance and said, - I'm afraid not, sir. You have been banned from entering the country as far as I'm informed.-

A spark of anger grew inside me, - Excuse me? I need to reach the Kingdom of Jarrston asap and you're saying no?- I said trying to sound threateningly.

He shook his head, - Nope.-

- Manny!- another voice called from behind him. I looked back and saw a small hut from which a skeleton peeked out, he wore a what looked like a- police hat. - Is there a proble..- he died in his words as he turned to face me. - On all sacred bones, is that who I think it is?-

He rushed towards me and grabbed my chin then stared at my face.

- Hey!- I yanked my head out of his grip and gave him a sharp look.

- I am most sincerely sorry, please accept my apology, sir.- he bowed.

I sighed and nodded, - Apology accepted.- Though it may not seem, I am still really unused to this kind of formalities. Just keep your cool, Daniel...

He looked back at me full of excitement, - Are you sir Daniel?-

I stared at him dumbstruck, - Yeeees.- I replied, unsure.

He immidiately slapped the enderman beside him. - Ow! Why'd ya do that?- he hissed.

- This, Manny, is the new Brine. He must get to our King.-

- Wait, wait, wait.- I butted in, - How do you know that?-

- Well duh, I served under Fadom's command, he told the group everything about you, and once he died he passed the words onto my friend. I know almost everything and I wanted to serve under Farrel's command, but no! They said I'm too weak! They said- the enderman smacked him in the back of the head, - Will you stop babbling about your fecking position and focuse on this lad over 'ere. Isn't he too young to be a Brine?-

- Well, uhh, yeah..- I muttered out.

- That's why our King is expecting you, he's gonna train you.- the skeleton said rubbing the back of his head.

- WHAT?!- I cried out with disbelief.

- Alright, alright. Calm yourself, you can pass. Just don't get yourself caught in there. It would be best if you got into the castle unnoticed.- the enderman said annoyed.

- Why?- I asked.

- Because the skeletons may not be prepared for your 'arrival yet' and there is a market with our kind going on in the kingdom as well, so just be carefull. No humans are allowed unless they have a special perission, and those would want to kill you.- he announced.

I nodded, - Thanks.-

- Be careful!- the skeleton cheered as I walked passed them, - And farewell!-

-----

A/N

Hello everyone once again!

Twas a long time i know but hered naother chapter that isnt too long XDD

Ill try to skip the boring pats in the next chapter but no promises :P

Im might have to skip all that 'walking fr eternity' part and just randomly teleport him into the city/kingdom lol.

Well anyways, there is a little surprise awaiting him, tell me what you think it will be in the comment below!

Make sure to smash that vote button as well! Every one of those is very special to me <3

DJ out!