Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Festival

I have been sparring with the King for quite a while. It's been a week since our first session.

- Your hand is too loose! You call that a slash? Come on, I ain't even out of breath!- the King constantly teased me during the fights. I gotta be honest with you, it was hard staying calm. He kept pumping me out. I always returned home and instantly collapsed onto the bed- asleep.

We had meditation classes as well. He said that this is the way to find peace with yourself and stay calm at all times. It also strengthened my concentration to work my magic.

He got me known to his best and trustworthy magician after a day. He's an old witch with a snow white beard and a kind of cloak you would see in movies. I've spent three hours with him every day. I quite enjoy the classes. He taught me from making special potions, magical fruit, a few spells to take advantage on my enemies to actually training my abilities. He was surprised I figured out how to bend water in my will.

I always had a blast with him, crack a joke or two. Great guy.

Back at Granny Bacon's inn, I served the clients and occasionally cooked when the crowd was growing bigger than usual.

A storyteller once came. He jumped up on the table and begin telling tales of the old days. He started with the tales of the Ender Dragon, when he once came to the over world and fought with one of the Brines. Then he begin to tell about how people discovered the Nether and how they came to discover the Wither. Most of the time I peeked out through the open door to hear bits an pieces. It was really interesting, especially when he exaggerated things.

I never thought I would say this, but to be honest, I think that the mob cities are much more merrier than the humans'. Even though there's lots of races here, they mix together like if they all were a big family. There were often parties, dance offs, karaoke and much more things that could send a person enjoying their time.

Granny was really happy I help her out all night, I honestly don't mind working there, usually everyone is pleasant and nothing bad happens.

Today I woke up as usual, after five hours of sleep after training with the King. I trudged down the stairs and made myself some eggs for breakfast- or supper. I greeted Granny once she came out from shopping. She had a merrier mood than usual.

- Hello dear.- she grinned and set some bag down on the table in the middle of the kitchen.

- You seem very happy today.- I said and began to unpack the bag and out the contents into their rightful chests.

- Oh why of course! The hundredth anniversary of our kingdom is today and tomorrow.- she replied.

- That sounds fun.- I smiled back. This is ineteresting. I thought to myself, I wonder what's going to be happening.

- Of course, and you should go. Such a young lad like you can't miss a party like that.- she continued, - Don't worry about the restaurant, I'll have a friend coming over to help out tonight, you're off.-

A grin spread across my face. A party? It's like a festival. Can't miss something like that. - Thank you so much.- I cheered.

She took out her purse and took out a few coins, - This should be enough for tonight, it's your payment for the last week.-

I counted how much it is. Just enough to get myself a drink or something, - Thanks.-

- You're welcome dear, enjoy your time.-

I nodded and marched back upstairs. I checked the watch on the wall and saw it was dawn. I looked outside the tiny window and saw all the flags and decoration put up around houses, lamp posts and roads. To the far right, the square was filled with mini games and stalls. Skeletons and zombies were setting up everything while some mobs walked around looking at the marvellous colours around the kingdom. It was truly amazing.