Chapter 2

[EDITED]
Chapter 2: Fear

I woke to a blinding light of what seemed like morning. I was still sprawled on the ground in the same position I fainted in. I gradually opened my eyes in hope they they would adjust to the light. But to my own surprise, I could see nothing. I slowly set up with a grunt, my muscles ached for some reason. I eventually stood on shaky legs and blindly staggered towards what felt like a tree. I rubbed my eyes in its shadow. Once again trying to see, I stared at the ground turning my back to the light- or at least thought so.- After a presumably long time the world began to gradually receive its shapes, but very blurry shapes. I strained to remember why I was here. After an instant all the memories came flashing back like lightning.

I stared down at my chest that was once pierced with a sharp flint. I wanted to check how serious the wound was. It wasn't there. I stared at where it was yesterday, baffled. That's wierd. With one last glance at it, I disregarded the sudden change. How did that happen? I swear it was there yersterday. Unless I'm too blind to clearly see if it's there or not. In this moment nothing made sense to me. I squinted to try and see more clearly but to no avail. Nothing. Not even the trees. It was too bright. Maybe the poison might've somehow injured my eyes and messed up my vision? I heard of cases like these before. But what disturbed me most was it was the man that has done this afterall.

An idea struck me. Was I even alive? I patted my arms, hips and legs, then my head. Definitely alive. Was an idiotic idea, of course I was alive. I felt my pulse.

I stood more steadily, newly recovered. All of my strength returned back only by a nights sleep. Could you even call it sleep? I searched for something familiar in every direction, but all I could see was blurred lines. Plains lay stretched out behind me, or at least I assumed as there was much less squiggly lines and my vision was much worse in that direction. Behind me, a forest of darkness. I remembered people of my village say that this forest is cursed and wierd mobs come out from there. Obviously I never believed. All the mobs have been long discovered and it was very unlikely. But the one thing everyone knew for sure is that once you go in there, there is a very lim chance you'll be back out. The forest is so dense and the leaves of the trees so thic, no source of sun peeked through giving the impression of a never-ending night. But what other choice did I have? The light blinded me too much and what was the worst thing that could happen to me in that forest? I don't believe in peoples' myths.

So I walked forward. Into the forest. I wrapped my arms around myself as it was chilly. I walked through the forest for about half an hour, or at least it felt like it. I confirmed the theory of having no sun but only darkness. But to my surprise, i could see every detail. This time I could see everything, every tree, every blade of grass, every pebble and every shadow that danced between the trees. I realised my hearing was much better as well. I could hear for almost 100 blocks away. Usually just light footsteps, most likely from animals, or just simple the whistling of the wind as it oassed through the tightly packed trees.

Did he try to kill me or help me? I thought to myself. The question buzzed through my head but no answer came. What kind of help is it when you nearly kill another person. Or make them blind in the sun? Something was off, but I just could not pin point what it was in particular. The poison must've done something to me. Definitely did. Almost as if it enhanced physical abilities. Or at least hearing. I sighed, my head beginning to throb from the oncoming questions.

At a sudden moment I heard the rustle of leaves and the steady chop chop of wood some blocks away. Maybe it was another person? I walked towards the source of the chopping in hope that it was someone. Surprisingly enough, my feet almost slid along the grass-covered dirt in silence. I walked from tree to tree, the sound becoming louder the close I got. After I got close enough i hid behind a tree just in case I scared the living crap out of the person from just randomly popping out of nowhere.