Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Granny Bacon

I through the hood over my head and messed up my hair to cover up my eyes. I carefully stepped onto the city wall crouching low to be unnoticed.

I stole a cape from a wandering zombie. He was pretty clueless what happened when he woke up in a ditch. Oh well, zombies are always clueless.

The white moon peeked over the mountain that the city was built into. Three towers in total, two front, one huge one on the side. The city wall was five blocks wide and twenty blocks high. Very hard to penetrate through. In addition, a moat filled with water was built around it. Tiny twin houses were set on the ground around the giant castle built out of quartz. All the inside of it was inside the giant mountain. A small courtyard was in the middle of the yard, tiny stalls were set around it. The courtyard was buzzing with mobs and merchants selling and buying things.

I'd guess that during the day there is least activity from the mobs. Except maybe creepers.

I turned to study the surrounding building and swiftly jumped down onto one of them. I carefully jumped from roof to roof, my footsteps as light as a feather. I jumped down at the back of one of the building and listened for anyone near.

A small gasp came from behind me and the lights from the room inside boomed at me through the window.

-Oh my! And who might you be? It's dangerous to jump off roofs you know!- a gentle female voice called out from the room.

I slowly turned around to face an old woman who immediately turned the lights down a bit. Her her was going grey, she wore a white apron over a spotted red shirt. She was quite chubby and i could estimate her age to be around her mid-sixties. She was a human.

-Oh, sorry.- I said in a polite way, -I just wanted to s-

- Oh you wanted a place to stay, dear?- she interrupted me, -I can lend you a room just above the kitchen if you want.- she said with the warmest smile I've ever seen.

- That would be splendid!- Just then I remembered bout my eyes. I quickly looked away and brushed my hair over them.

- Dear, you don't have to be shy. We'll do something with those eyes if yours! Come in, come in!- she pleased moving to the side of the door.

I couldn't help but smile and simply walking in, - Thank you.-

- There's no need!- she laughed. - Up the stairs and to the left. First room.-

Just as I begin walking up the stairs which I found beside the stove, she called back at me, - Do you need anything sweetie? Maybe some water?-

- Water please,- I replied. Then I quickly added, - And some bandages please. If that's not a problem.-

- I'll be there in a flash.- She winked at me.

Like she told me, I took the first room on the left on the first floor. The room had a single bed beside the window with a bedside table beside it. A big mirror was on the back of the door and a small shelf on the wall facing the bed. It was quite nice but cosy. The floor was from birch wood covered in a warm orange carpet brightening up the area.

I took my backpack off and dumped it beside the table then flopped onto the bed on my back. I didn't want to dirty the covers. I stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours then finally sat upright and cupped my hands over my face. If that woman wants me to pay her later then I don't know how I'd get the money. And how didn't she know who I am? Something fishy is about her. Or she's just a straight 'ol hag that just works at a restaurant.

After a while, the door to my room opened and Granny Bacon came in holding a tray with a jug of water, a glass and a first aid kit. She put it on the table and poured the cool drink into the glass.

- Thank you, miss. You're very nice.- I said.

- No problem, sweetie. Do you need anything else? Or will you be fine with the aid kit?-

- I'll be just fine.-

- Oh! I would've forgotten!- she said and took out a pair of shades out of her apron pocket. She handed them to me. - You'll need these. You can keep 'em if you want, I have no use for 'em.-

I nodded and shook hands with her.

- Have a nice night.- she said and walked out closing the door behind her.

She's a nice woman. The only thing that's still bothering me is that she didn't recognise my eyes.

I put the shades on the bed and stood up, pulled the curtains over the window closing the light from outside out and undressed to only pants. I stood in front of the mirror on the door and stared at myself.

Over the time of staying out of sunlight for a few months my skin has gone really pale to a point you would think I have a fever or something. It also has gone quite colder. My eyes shone brightly back at me. My hair messed up, dirty and with leaves and twigs tangled in it. It was time to have a shower. My clothes stunk as well.

I took off the over-bloodied bandage and threw it into a small bin set beside the table. I opened the small first aid kit and took out a disinfectant and a brand you bandage roll along with some cotton. I washed out the the wound with the disinfectant despite the awful stinging then took the dry blood off with cotton. It was the first time I cleaned the wound properly. I just hope that that page will be found, I'm sick of this already.

After that, I put the new bandage back on and fell on the bed exhausted from constant walking. Only now I realised how much my feet hurt. I groaned and turned to the side instantly falling into a deep sleep. I even forgot to have a drink or clean up after myself.

Finally a rest. And tomorrow, I'll get an audition with the King.... At least I hope to get one...

--------

A/N

Ahhhhh! Finally another chapter! I actually really enjoy writing this book OuO

I WANNA MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Ok so me and @WoodiestComics are writing a co-op book, meaning that we will change writing each chapter. So itll be like, me her me her meh etc etc. You get the point.

The boom is called Bound Souls, and the story is kinda based on our true feelings and what we do in chats :P so from most of our RPs, we've finally decided to write a story together.

Now, we won't post the others's chapter on our accounts, so you're gonna have to be going back and forth.

If you still haven't followed Woody then you really should. She's such an amazing writer and in my opinion, she deserves way more followers than what she has right now! So go follow her and read our story cuz it's really good so far OuO