Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Wrath

The King stood in the doorway like an awakened hulk. - Daniel!- he roared out.

I felt my heart sink. Big trouble was coming. Veronica patted my shoulder and teleported away leaving me behind. The King stepped down, his feet heavy against the ground.

- You...-

- Sir, I can explain.- i began holding my hands up in defence.

- What do you think you're doing?!- he grabbed my throat and pulled off the ground. I knew he was strong, but never knew what he's like when angry. Time to find out.

- I.... I wanted to test myself.- I stuttered in between shallow breaths. His grip tightened around my throat.

- In what? To see what my people will do when they see you?-

- No...- I gritted my teeth. Any tighter and my neck would be crushed.

He swung me down into the ground causing the planks to break underneath me. I coughed finally free from his grasp. And rubbed my neck. The pain was of little importance now.

- You're a disgrace. Doing would you desire just because you can do things others can't- he continued. His eyes were blazing with fury. I spotted Veronica hiding behind the door.

- That's not true.- I said and began getting up only to be struck in the jaw. I fell back down onto the broken ground. I clenched my fists trying to calm myself down. Blood began to accumulate in my mouth so I spat it out along with one tooth.

Before the next blow could come I grabbed the Kinds fist in my own and stood up. I wiped the black liquid from my lips and stared at him. He looked at me astonished. - Don't call me a disgrace.-

The King muttered a curse and swung his other fist at me. Missed. I sidestepped to the side before the bony fist could touch my face again. He kicked out at me but I grabbed his foot as fast as his fist. I smirked and stared into his empty sockets. I kicked out myself knowing that he's on the verge of this balance and knocked him off into the further wall. His arm and leg still in my grip.

I heard Veronica gasped and teleport away. A grin spread across my face, power surged through my veins. Pure power. I missed the feeling. I let the two limbs fall down and I teleported to the king and grabbed his neck he did down. Pushing at it just slightly it seemed like the bones were cracking by themselves. I pulled him up across the wall and knocked the golden crown off his head. The stone wall behind began to crumble.

He stared straight at me while I only stared down chuckling, - I thought you were so good! So powerful and all.- I looked up at him and almost felt pity for the old wretch.

- Daniel calm yourself down this moment!- he demanded.

I raised my finger and shook it from side to side, - Tsk tsk. Don't tell me what to do.- I said totally relaxed.

Clawed at my arm with one arm and tried to kick me away.

- I don't think you know what you're doing.- I hissed and pulled his body away from the wall then smacked him back into it with such great force that the wall just collapsed and he landed in the room on the other side.

I raised my arms causing all the cobble blocks to float into the air. - You underestimated me.- I paused, the blocks floating around me. The king just stared unable to get up. - I can do much more then you think.-

I began to float myself, my hair moved as if there was wind. I smirked and shot my hand out towards the king. The blocks followed.

Someone chuckled behind me.

My eyes widened and I opened my palm stopping the blocks from crushing the skeleton. The stone just three inches away from his face.

I turned back and saw the one i hated most. Israphel.

- Well done, Daniel!- he clapped.

-----

A/N

Hello guys once again! Another update! I know it's quite short but I felt like this would be a great moment to end the chapter at uvu

Do ye like the new cover? I've worked three hours on it (instead of studying for exams)

The book finally has a cover on it. A PROPER cover xD

Tell me what you think about it and write what you think will happen next!

Do you think he lost his mind completely? Will the King live? What is Veronica up to?

Stay tuned guys and remember to vote! :D

DJ out!