Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Audition

A small tap on the shoulder instantly woke me up. I shoot up, my fists ready, scenarios from my travelling nights came flooding back; mainly random mobs trying to kill me, then freaking out. I looked right and left and saw a slightly confused Granny Bacon. A new tray was set on the table with a new mug with steaming hot water, a cup, some sugar and a tea bag and a big sandwich filled with some lettuce, bacon and eggs. Some rarity.

She stared at me silently until I relaxed and swung my legs over the bed sitting properly. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed, - Sorry for that.- I said and gave a faint smile.

- It's ok sweetie, I suppose you've been through many things to wake up like this.- she replied chuckling. - I brought you some tea and breakfast. I hope you like bacon.-

- Of course, Miss.- I looked back at the tasty sandwich fighting the urge to just jump at it and devour it whole.

- Then enjoy, I'll be downstairs if you need me.- she said and walked out of the room.

As she did so I ate the sandwich and drank the tea. After the breakfast I changed the bandage once again, put the shades on and went downstairs to the kitchen.

The kitchen was massive. It had six furnaces covering a whole wall and six crafting tables creating a desk-like look. On the other side there was the back door, a window and a painting, some flower pots were set on the windowsill with roses and daisies. There were a few chests marked with signs of what is where and a fringe beside the furnace wall. The floor was a warm dark wood criss-crossed with birch wood. It looked like a chess board. Past the line of crafting tables there was a door leading to the actual restaurant that Granny was in charge of. Wooden tables and chairs, some old painting and a brown carpet. The floor was made out of oak wood though. There were only a few creeepers and endermen chatting with each other. No night mobs though, it was most likely day time. Well at least I hot shades, that should help.

Granny was serving some endermen at the end of the restaurant. I waited for her to come back and greeted her properly. Unlike this morning.

- I was wondering if the Skeleton King has auditions now. It's ok if you don't know, I can ask around.- I said.

- Well it's just around six in the morning right now, so you should catch one of the last auditions. He only has them during the night though.- she replied putting some dishes and cups on the crafting table cleaning them insantly.

- Thank you once again. I'll be off then.- I said and hurried off.

I ran through the narrow streets constantly looking up at the castle to see if I was going the right way. I finally reached the giant doors and went through without any problem with the two skeleton guards dressed in diamond armour. I headed to what looked like the reception and leaned against the desk out of breath.

An attractive woman looked up at me with sparkly purple eyes. Her black hair was tied back in a ponytail, she wore a formal receptionist dress and light make up covered her delicate and beautiful face. - Can I help you?- she asked in an almost angelic voice.

I stared at her beauty for what seemed like forever then snapped out of it and replied, - Y-Yeah. - I stuttered, - I'd like to have an audition with the King.-

- I'm sorry, sir. But our majesty has just finished his last audition about five minutes ago.-

I sighed and rubbed my eyes under the glasses, still not revealing them. - It's very important.- I said with a hint of anger and disappointment in my voice.

- I'm sure it is, but as I said, he's taking no more today.-

- I have travelled a really really long way here, and It's more important then you think it is.-

- Like has everyone who wanted anaudition. I cannot do anything for you at this moment.-

She's so stubborn... I have no choice left.

I looked around making sure no one is around then looked back at her and took off the glass staring right at her. Her sweet expression changed into a scared and surprised face. She gasped and leaned back a little. - It's VERY important.- I said again. Her eyes never left mine.

- O-Okay. I'll get right at it.- she replied and took the small telephone with a shaky hand to her ear. - Sir, there is someone important that NEEDS an audition right now... Yes I understand that but this is more than just a peasant.... Yes yes.... Okay, I'll send him right away.- she said and put the phone down. - Go straight and take the second right, first door.- she said.

- Thanks.- I replied and put the shades back on then went the way she told me.

I reached the door in no time and knocked three times. - Come in!- came from inside of the rooms. I pushed the door handle down and walked in closing it behind. When I looked back inside I almost fell to my feet from awe.

The chamber was huge with pillars of quartz and gold on each side. Beautiful mosaics and paintings were set on walls and tables. The floor was made of glass and under it was pure lava. At the foot of each pillar was a mannequin dressed in diamond armour and equipped with either bows or diamond swords. On the other side of the chamber was a podium and on it, a gold throne on which set the Skeleton King with a gold crowns on his head. A big bat set on a porch beside the throne. He squeaked and fluttered his wings a little.

- Come forward and state your identity!- the King shouted with a booming voice.

I made my way towards the throne and stopped just a few blocks before it. -I am Daniel from the dark Woods outside the land of Cairo.- I stopped and took off the shades,- I am the next Brine.-

-------

A/N

And here's another chapter! I've really started to get into this book and I have no idea why xD.

Well how do you think the King will react to him, hmm?

I'm curious of your thoughts so write them down in the comments ;)

I'm also very sorry for being off for so long.... Thanks to @WoodiestComics, I'll be updating my books more often. I MIGHT even start rewriting Lost for a change xD

Well I'm off then uvu leaving ye with a cliffhanger once more hur hur.

Baiiiiii